Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

More F$ For Appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Over the last few months i've put up around 10 domains to be appraised. Around 2/10 were appraised, the rest dropped to the bottom of the threads with no replies.

Maybe F$ should increase when appraisals are posted, just a suggestion because i've started to post my names for appraisal elsewhere.

2 cent

Upvote 0

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We will never do that. Encourages false appraisals.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes it is.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can always offer more DNF$ for the Appraisal of your domains in you like.

The current System of DNF$ earned is same on all sub-forums accourding to your membership level and should not be changed.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are so many bad appraisals as it is- I can't even imagine what it would get like if there were more of an incentive for appraisal 'posts'.

Good strategy would be to see what other domains go for, what they are appraised for, then you can do your own appraisals on your names.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I usually don't go by what others think it is worth. If the name is valuable enough I will pay for a professional appraisal.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of the ways to kind of control the quality of "appraisals" is to limit the entry of being an appraiser, with e.g. join date, number of posts, etc. Of course, there's still no guarantee.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
One of the ways to kind of control the quality of "appraisals" is to limit the entry of being an appraiser, with e.g. join date, number of posts, etc. Of course, there's still no guarantee.

Could also make a series of questions that one would need to fill out to become an appraiser. I just think of the section as an area to find out what others think of the name. Of course, one should only take their word as a grain of salt. If they want a professional appraisal they should go elsewhere and pay for one. You can't complain because the forum you get FREE appraisals. Remember - You pay for what you get.

Although a suggestion is better moderation of the forum. I quit listing names because there are a handful of members who just post junk posts and degrade others names. Although this is their opinions they begin making a debate out of it. And there are others who complain when someone tells them their name is worth $0. (Not mentioning any names)

It just appears that other sites are heavily moderated compared to here. Not a complaint as DNF weed out the bad users pretty well. One way is to charge for the membership, but with trash threads it seems like there could be more done. I have to give props though to GD and a few others who I do see moderating threads pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom