Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

More Global Warming Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Saw this on Fark.

I should state, that since its a proven fact the Earths weather/climate is cyclic in nature, some of these things are going to happen whether we drive FlineStone cars and leave in mud hutts, or we do what we do today.

The point is that just because the patterns are changing, does not mean we should aid that and continue to de-forest and at alarming rate, which hurts the natural CO2 sinks we have.

I'd like to see a stop to the politicizing of science in this matter, and just deal with the actual issue.

And we should be very concerned. Most of the biggest physilogical changes/mass extinctions the planet has seen have been at the hands of rapid climate changes.

So, forget the cause, look at the possible effect. If we know we are contributing to it, you might want to stop worrying about your budgets so much and look forwards the future, so you don't leave your kids with a big shit pile to plough.

It's not as easy as that, ofcourse, getting everyone on the same page has historically proven to be a timultuous task. But if we get to the point (we aren't there yet, not by a long shot) that we know we could be at mortal danger by aiding this effect, then something has to be done.

No worries about defecits and political backroom machinations when everyones dead.

Jay

H

H2FC

Saw this on Fark.

1...I should state, that since its a proven fact the Earths weather/climate is cyclic in nature, some of these things are going to happen whether we drive FlineStone cars and leave in mud hutts, or we do what we do today.

2...The point is that just because the patterns are changing, does not mean we should aid that and continue to de-forest and at alarming rate, which hurts the natural CO2 sinks we have.

3...I'd like to see a stop to the politicizing of science in this matter, and just deal with the actual issue.

4...And we should be very concerned. Most of the biggest physilogical changes/mass extinctions the planet has seen have been at the hands of rapid climate changes.

5...So, forget the cause, look at the possible effect. If we know we are contributing to it, you might want to stop worrying about your budgets so much and look forwards the future, so you don't leave your kids with a big shit pile to plough.

6...It's not as easy as that, of course, getting everyone on the same page has historically proven to be a timultuous task. But if we get to the point (we aren't there yet, not by a long shot) that we know we could be at mortal danger by aiding this effect, then something has to be done.

7...No worries about defecits and political backroom machinations when everyones dead.

Jay

1... Yes, I agree natural climate changes has happened in the past, but the big difference this time around is that it is happening over a very short span of time. It took thousands of years in the past, now its only taking 10's of years to see big differences.

2...I agree 100%

3...The only way to keep the global warming issue out of politics is for the Bush republician party to admit it's real and is caused by humans burning fossil fuels. That will eventually happen but not anytime soon imho. There's too much money at stake for the Bushs, the Cheneys, and the big oil companies to admit the truth now. They will fight it as long as they can and that's why I believe Bush will go down in history as the man who did more damage to his country and the world than any other in history. I think he will eventually be criticized more on the global warming issue than he will be on the Iraqi war.

4...I agree 100%

5...I agree again

6...I think we are at the point now where we know we are in mortal danger by aiding this effect...by a long shot. Global warming effects are being reported all over the world right now and at an alarming pace. We don't have the time to "wait and see" any longer....we already have more than enough proof to take serious actions to slow it down. The rate at which global warming problems are expanding is greater than ever in history before and if something isn't done soon there may be no way to stop it.

7...Amen to that

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom