Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

More sedo selling issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So I've decided to just cancel negotiations with lowballers. The button says:

You can decline the offer and cancel the negotiations:

But when I click it I get:

You must first enter your asking price before you can cancel the negotiations!

OK. Fine. So I go back, enter a bid amount in "Your offer" and click cancel. Same error message again! Thanks Sedo! :huh:

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you have the domain set to make offer you have to respond with a counter offer.. it is a pain in the ass to say the least. Therefore set your domains at a starting price, but have the make offer option selected. This way you can cancel out the lowballers.. however you should consider that a buyer will submit the lowest offer he can.. you would do the same if you were buying.. for instance you would not buy a domain for $1000 when you could get it for $100..

I have accidently set all my domains at $100.. and wow I was getting 4-5 offers a day. One recent sale started at the $100.. I was going to cancel it but I decided to reply with a more realistic figure, a few bids back and forward and I ended up selling the domain for 15% less than what I was really looking for..

I know its a pain in the ass, and yes you do get some lowballers, but dont take it personally, they themselves are only trying to get the best available price..

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No harm in trying to get the best available price, but there's a difference between offering low and lowballing. If I'm interested in a 5k name listed for sale I might offer $800, but in my experience the folks who offer $60 for 5k name still live with their parents or think AOL is the internet. Not the folks who are gonna spend real cash on a name.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
To all the lowballers I respond with an outrageous counteroffer. They run away screaming!

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah I did that for a while but it gets tiresome (and wastes my time). Guess I have to look into the sedo minimum offer option.

RADiSTAR said:
To all the lowballers I respond with an outrageous counteroffer. They run away screaming!

reclad

Still Breathing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Trouble is, even if they 'run away' you can't cancel their garbage
offer for another seven days. Drives me BANANAS.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey it's just as bad for those who make offers. I usually make a low offer (not too low) just to start negotiations. Some sellers don't place an asking price which imho is a bad decision. Let's take for example ps3talk.com I offered $100...yeah it's low but he had no price listed. So he counters with 2k...which imho is WAY TOO MUCH. So I just leave it alone...I have gotten 3 emails now from Sedo about "seller has new offer" only to login and see it's the same exact offer. This is the norm with sedo and it sucks. Just to clear up the ps3talk.com...I would gladly pay up to $500 for the name and maybe would go as high as $1200 but let's see how it goes.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well being scottish as I am, we are known for our short arms and deep pockets.. it should also be known that their are rumours that copper wire was invented by 2 Scotsman fighting over a penny.

If someone has a premium domain, and does not take the time to set a minimum bid or even a price then I will submit $100 min bid in order to start things rolling, I then set a maximum figure in my mind.. if the seller is so egotistical and takes offence at the starting price then they need to take a step back and make the effort by setting a minimum offer.

Its kinda like people on here selling domain names with "make offer" it is really a pet peave of mine.

So take the time and effort.. price the domains at what you would want them to sell them at...

and then I will take my own advice and do the same.. cause I am notorious at it.. once I got $100 bid and I replied with $1.8million LMAO.. ok a bit extreme. Now domains have a minimum bid price.. makes things easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom