Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Most Important Link Popularity Metric?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptaylor

DNF Newbie
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been full-time domaining for over 5 years, but have just started to get into the drop game. The things I am trying to figure out or I find confusing is the different metrics for LP (link popularity).

There is Google, Yahoo, MSN, Alexa, Altavista. Some are pretty correlated, like Altavista and Yahoo, but sometimes you will get a reading of zero with one and a big number with another one. Anyone have any insight on which one is the most important and how to read this data? In particular, I am interested in interpreting this data to determine domains that have strong Page Rank and of course traffic never hurts. :)

Thanks,

Paul

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been full-time domaining for over 5 years, but have just started to get into the drop game. The things I am trying to figure out or I find confusing is the different metrics for LP (link popularity).

There is Google, Yahoo, MSN, Alexa, Altavista. Some are pretty correlated, like Altavista and Yahoo, but sometimes you will get a reading of zero with one and a big number with another one. Anyone have any insight on which one is the most important and how to read this data? In particular, I am interested in interpreting this data to determine domains that have strong Page Rank and of course traffic never hurts. :)

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul

link pop can be high for a domain, yet the value of those links can be poor

therefore any number associated with a domain for linkpop, must be scrutinized

i used to use marketleap to check linkpop back in the day, but no more

the links can be links in sigs on forums, in yahoo or google groups, or a bunch of random useless links on defunct websites.

or they could be valuable links on websites with moderate to high traffic.

if you don't check each link, then how will you know?

it's one reason why i don't bother looking at "link traffic" domains

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom