Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Most secure registrar in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would have to go with Moniker because it's a ***** to transfer a domain out, but as seen in previous threads, there have been domain hijacking that occurred from there, it gives @PRED headaches (or was that GD?), etc... So as far as secure, I don't think security lies 100% in the hands of the registrar, but the registrant themselves as well.

You can have double login, call in, etc. to access your account. However, how easy is it to social engineer your way into getting information you may not be privy to? Let's say I did a complete background check on a domain owner for under a bill and found out their moms maiden name, previous addresses, credit report, etc, etc, and then worked my way into the system as being that individual without them even being aware of it... think that's the registrars fault for letting it happen, the registrants fault for not checking up on recent identity check or a third parties fault for security issues at that point?

In my book, it's the registrants fault for security concerns... I have monitoring on my credit cards, credit report and background checks. If any one of them are pulled for any reason, I am given a call (but who's to say someone couldn't intercept that as well by changing the phone number at the service I have before I get the call) to authorize it personally with publicly known information (example: "What hospital were you born in?", easily obtainable information).

So, I suppose my point is "Other": the registrant.

Like the polls though! :approve:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The most secure registrar: your own :)

At least it's the only one you can trust.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The most secure registrar: your own :)

At least it's the only one you can trust.

Even with accreditation, could you trust that your programmers could build an infrastructure for your portfolio that is indestructible and cannot be exploited? :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You can spend a couple of hundred thousand and become Elequa with i.net :D

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While the end user is often the weak link, it's not the fault of users if Moniker suffered a breach.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I would have to say Mark Monitor is the most secure... for the most money. :)

Google uses them, Yahoo! uses them, Facebook uses them... Half the top 100 of Fortune 500 does... ;)

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After you registered the name just lock the front and back doors and close all the curtains.
No one would know you even have any names.

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom