Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Motorcyclist arrested - going 200mph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dzelil

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That is insane, I am surprised they didn't wipe out

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fastest I've been was 184 on an R1

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
two motorcyclist died in accidents in chicago, within the past few weeks.

one guy flew off his bike and hit a pole.....his body parts splashed all over the expressway.

JayK

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And the patrolman who arrested them was doing 205mph. He is still talking about it to his mates!

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I havent been on a bike in 3 years, since I went that fast.
I said, thats enough, and havent rode sinde.
Bikes are DANGEROUS. Stay away from em.

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
near my house here in germany some crashed their bike (and died) this morning by riding into a stud of horses that escaped onto the highway :-(

Heterodox

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty sick...

I want a bike though... I understand the risks.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Saw the post headline and thought "must be from Minnesota".

Read the article and sure enough the guy was arrested in good ole Wabasha Minnesota, just down south of Red Wing.

Those Minnesota dudes are the craziest bikers.

JayK

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We all seem to be concentrating on death here. We know they are dangerous, but that doesn't stop anyone. Too busy thinking about Brando in the Wild One or Dennis Hopper & Peter Fonda in Easy Rider. Why do you think Harley & BMW bike sales are through the roof.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i haven't gotten my honda ss 750 over 75mph and i really don't plan to. i love to ride, but i think insane speeds (bikes or cars) are just pure stupidity because they may cause accidents as much as be involved themselves.

Mr.Haze

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My 50cc bike trundles along quite happily at 35mph, and I still beat all the rush hour traffic too and from work! ;-)

gogeorge

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bidawinner said:

Going at the rate of over three miles a minute, you can't even see that far down the road for any unexpected obstacles.

Plus it may take about thirty seconds to slow down from that speed. You have just traveled a mile trying to hit the brakes without skidding.

It is the ultimate eticket ride.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when i was at uni there was a long straight strech of road where bikers use to speed and do wheelies, crazzy people. i would be kicked out of my home if i got a motorbike, as my parents forbit it after my cousin was knocked off his motor bike by a lorry, the lorry driver didnt see him. was only in his teens and he was killed instantly

Alexander

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My friend went to jail for going 140 with his Caddy. He didn't have his liscense on him.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My former biz partner was killed while riding his motorcycle. A careless undercover secret service agent did an illegal u-turn on the prison point bridge in Boston, hitting him and knocking him over the side of the bridge.

My partner wasn't speeding or doing anything illegal and was minding his own business. The agent just didn't look before turning. Needless to say, his family got a few bucks from the govt. That didn't help me or anyone else though - on top of losing our friend we had to shut down the company.

Every time I hear a story like this I cringe. It isn't the bikers you have to worry about, it's the careless car drivers who don't see the biker and don't realize how the physics of the bike differ. If they get into an accident going 200, it's their own damn fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom