Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Move over FLASH memory, 70nm is the new standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google News articles

Story

Elpida has announced beginning mass production of 1Gb and 512Mb DDR2 SDRAM using 70nm technology. Manufacturing will be done at its main facility, Hiroshima Elpida Memory.

According to Elpida, this SDRAM using 70nm process technology can be used in several applications, including high-performance mobile equipment, high-definition TVs (HDTVs), next-generation DVD recorders, digital single-lens reflex cameras, as also high-end servers needed to process large amounts of data.

The same technology that has given Elpida high yields from its 90nm process technology is being applied to the development of this more advanced 70nm process technology.

The 70nm process technology not only facilitates 800MHz and 1GHz speed functionality in combination with high-performance operations, but it also makes for a reduction in chip size allowing more chips per DRAM wafer thus increasing productivity.

Production of DDR2 SDRAM using the 70nm process has already started, and the first product shipments are expected to begin in Q1 of 2007.

Domain Days 2024

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, 70nm.com, .net, and .info taken, others should be gone soon.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, yeah, this is the new standard guys, like the article says, mass production has already started.

Rascagua

Flash Nerd
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the same guy registered the .info, .net, .com during like the same time period, and right then I walk in and register the .org :)

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"70nm" returned just 20,000 results 3 days ago. Now it returns 320,000. This looks promising.

According to Elpida, this SDRAM using 70nm process technology can be used in several applications, including high-performance mobile equipment, high-definition TVs (HDTVs), next-generation DVD recorders, digital single-lens reflex cameras, as also high-end servers needed to process large amounts of data

Rascagua

Flash Nerd
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I want to start a blog with news on mine, just so I can get it up there, but my domain registrar is having some kind of difficulty or something.

Rascagua

Flash Nerd
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WE ARE CURRENTLY ARE EXPERIENCING TEMPORARY TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES!!!
If you attempt to register/renew a domain and receive a VOID, please do not attempt to register/renew it again as we will manually register it for you. Our development staff is working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause you and we thank you for your patience.

it wont change the nameservers :(

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it will yield much, but I have 70nm.ca

J

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is that a good lol or a bad lol?

: )

cooldomain

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
And I have picked 70nmDRAM.com (thanks to Rockefeller's PM). Is this a good one??

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, nice pickup. I've already received offers on mine...the .com. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom