Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Movie Quote Tshirts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisb72

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a one word domain name that is also the title of a popular scorsese movie. If I were to set it up as a tshirt site with shirts stating popular sayings from the movie do you think I would be asking for problems? I see companies like cafepress selling shirts with movie sayings and I wondered if it would be an issue. Thanks in advance.

DomainName

Live, Eat, Breathe Names
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't think there is an issue with that. The only prob I see is competition. There are 100s of companies trying to sale the same shirts these days. If you get a high type-in rate then that changes the scenerio slightly.

chrisb72

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domain is Goodfellas.biz I originally had some interest from the pizza company but then they got the .com I think so I thought I would try and do something with it and tshirts was my next possible endeavor. Thanks for the info I appreciate it!

don't think there is an issue with that. The only prob I see is competition. There are 100s of companies trying to sale the same shirts these days. If you get a high type-in rate then that changes the scenerio slightly.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes of course if you try to realize sales off the copyrighted name you will probably get a letter

Domainx09

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I assume unregistered movie quotes should be fine but you are talking about the title of the movie & a companies name, not a good idea.

chrisb72

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes the shirt sayings would be quotes from the movie there would be no reference to the copyrighted name at all other than the refered site

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes the shirt sayings would be quotes from the movie there would be no reference to the copyrighted name at all other than the refered site
I think if you make no reference to the movie then every thing should be fine.

Some will not be so easy to understand without this reference, such as I love the smell of napalm in the morning without the movie mentioned.

Some that are big iconic movies and lines like Say hello to my leetle friend may be more recognizable but cult movie buffs.

Domainx09

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good luck with this idea, most of the most best well known movie quotes do seem to be being mass produced by many different online sellers already, so i would focus on more obscure ones. And I would not use that domain for it, I'd use something completely generic, and .com

chrisb72

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well if that is the case what would you say I should do with this name? Im not opening up a tshirt site because thats what I want to do with my spare time but more because i think if someone were to search the name it could end up being a top search result. Which would then transfer over to tshirt sales. This is the only .biz I own because I dont personally care for them but this one being a single word popular movie with all other TLDs taken I picked it up. I would love to hear your thoughts and thanks.

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

the whole movie is copyrighted
the whole script is copyrighted
the movie name is usually a trademark

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom