Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Mozilla shortcuts won't open in a new window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When I had Mozilla set as the default browser, desktop shortcuts would conveniently open in a new window. I developed a reason to set another default browser, but still need to use a lot of Mozilla shortcuts; however, they no longer open in a new window. Does anyone know of an instruction one can include in the Target field so they will open in a new window when Mozilla is not the default? Thanks.

Castlemelody

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I am not really sure what you are asking. If you are referring to a target attribute in the anchor tag, it should be a href = " " target = "_blank" which
opens a new window.

Aside from that, I don't really get what you want to do. Sorry for the confusion.

:)

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, there, Castlemelody

It's for the properties window's Target field for Mozilla shortcuts on your desktop (right-click/properties). For instance, your Mozilla shortcut for Dnforum.com might have this: "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" "http://www.dnforum.com/"

I need to keep another browser set as the default while using many Mozilla shortcuts, but am wondering if there is something that can be included in the target string that will guarantee a new window each time one is used when there's another Mozilla window open already.

Castlemelody

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see. I am not sure if this will work. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools/Options/Advanced. Under Tabbed Browsing, choose new window.
Please advise if that does the trick.

Thanks.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Castlemelody said:
I see. I am not sure if this will work. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools/Options/Advanced. Under Tabbed Browsing, choose new window.
Please advise if that does the trick.

Thanks.

Under Tabbed Browsing/Open links from other applications in: the new window option does it. Looks like it's treating each shortcut as an "other application." Thanks, Castlemelody, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Castlemelody

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No problem my friend. You're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom