Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

mqm.net sold for $8,000 today... Godaddy auctions... Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domain.BUZZ

Tim Culpepper
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mqm.net sold for $8,000 today in a Godaddy public auction.

6 bidders total

bidders 1,2,3 and 4 dropped out when the price hit $555

bidders 5 and 6 then fought it out all the way up to $8000

I can understand a LLL.net going for $8k to a determined end user

but in a Godaddy auction? What am I missing here?

Did the seller find two end users and then send them to the Godaddy auction?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
closing price is one thing, the buyer paying up is another :)

still, i've sent potential buyers to auction or offer pages in the past, so that's always a possibility

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google shows quite a few results using MQM in their name. Did the auction indicate any traffic or page rank on the domain? I've seen three letter .com's go for much less lately.

Domain.BUZZ

Tim Culpepper
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
closing price is one thing, the buyer paying up is another

Good point!

Google shows quite a few results using MQM in their name. Did the auction indicate any traffic or page rank on the domain? I've seen three letter .com's go for much less lately.

No traffic or PR listed in the auction details.

What is wrong with selling LLL.net for $8K at auction?

Nothing wrong with it, but most LLL.NETs seem to go for $450 to $500 at auction...

I totally understand an end user paying $8k, but I wouldn't expect a reseller to pay that.

So I guess what I'm really asking is, do you think a reseller paid that? If so, why? What value indicators am I missing? Does MQM have some unique symbolic value in another culture (ie Chinese), or something?

Or is this simply a matter of 2 end users fighting it out?

Or maybe the seller sent an end user to auction, then bid up the auction, himself...

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good point!

No traffic or PR listed in the auction details.

Nothing wrong with it, but most LLL.NETs seem to go for $450 to $500 at auction...

I totally understand an end user paying $8k, but I wouldn't expect a reseller to pay that.

So I guess what I'm really asking is, do you think a reseller paid that? If so, why? What value indicators am I missing? Does MQM have some unique symbolic value in another culture (ie Chinese), or something?

Or is this simply a matter of 2 end users fighting it out?

Or maybe the seller sent an end user to auction, then bid up the auction, himself...

Why do you really need to know? It's not my name so I don't really care why.
- There is no reseller price in the domain business - we make it up - there is no appraisal.
- When you need the name you need the name
- I sold several LLL.net name even in the $1x,xxx range to IT consulting companies who get the name for their clients

Our problem is we care so much about other people business - Focus on ours and not theirs. I don't even care if someone sold LLL name for 1 million dollar.

Not too many understand about exact search, PR.....

Just sold an LLL.us for $1,000 - should I ask why do you pay so much for the name? You can come here (DNF) and buy them for $100!!!

The thing is we spend time so much on something that has nothing to do with us.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally I like to know why some domains sell for the prices they do, especially if the price is way below or above the curve for similar type names. All this kind of info can help with future negotiations.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally I like to know why some domains sell for the prices they do, especially if the price is way below or above the curve for similar type names. All this kind of info can help with future negotiations.

We should not post these type of threads. Would you be happy if you are the buyer and see your name is discussed in a public forum?

There are ton of names sold every day and you can't just use one transaction for future reference.

I would be upset if I am the buyer and see this thread.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't get bothered for too long by what I buy or sell a domain for. What do I care what people would say in a thread about my deals, there are probably reasons that are my own. If the price is too low or too high, I'd actually rather hear about it so I might learn for next time.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there are valid occassions when an "over or below" price may cause curiosity.

perfect examples are if a quality LLL.com sold for less than $3k, or if "acmefiddlestickjumping.com" sold for $120k

though many of those sales are rare, they happen, and sometimes they provide hope to others of making same type of deal or of finding a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom