Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Multiple domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

TenaciousD

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

First up: Have only been checking out this forum for a few weeks but it's been enough to make me join already - well done :)

I had a business idea back in '05 and registered a .com (3 words) and set up a website for it. It sort of went by the wayside while another business idea I had took off. Since then I've registered 7 more domains extensions in the same words and submitted a US trademark application for it - to protect the wording as a business trademark. I'm having second thoughts about developing the site now due to lack of available time and had thoughts of selling the business concept (and skeleton business) off.

The question is how many more domains, in your opinion, is it worthwhile registering to protect it?

Thanks

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you say "3 words" do you mean you registered three domains or a three word domain, like: ReallyNiceNames.com? A three word domain would have to be really special to garnish any real attention from prospective buyers. Can you PM the name(s)?

TenaciousD

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When you say "3 words" do you mean you registered three domains or a three word domain, like: ReallyNiceNames.com? A three word domain would have to be really special to garnish any real attention from prospective buyers. Can you PM the name(s)?

3 word domain - like "ReallyNiceNames.com" but I also have the "ReallyNiceNames.net", "ReallyNiceNames.biz", "ReallyNiceNames.info" etc. domains - 8 in total so far

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought. same thoughts, has to be a pretty strong three word combo. What kind of traffic are you getting?

TenaciousD

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've just recently pulled the actual site down but the hits in Sept last year was 623, and Aug was about 900 - that's just the .com; I have no stats for the others. I'm thinking I might just go and put the name up on the appraisal board and see what some thoughts are?

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are the others 're-directs'? Or just sitting as 'coming soon', or some such?
Not sure how to track redirects. Heck, not sure of a lot of things!

TenaciousD

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Tinner - the others aren't redirected at the moment either - the hits are purely from the .com; Don't have anything on them atm, which reminds me....*note to self - redirect the other sites* :smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom