Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Multiple Sales Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddypi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The purpose of the "1 thread per 24 hour" rule, is to limit the number of threads a person can create in any given 24 hours, thus giving others a fair opportunity to sale/market their domains or sites as well.

Well, though it's not against the rules, it's evident to me that many people are merely using a loophole to accomplish the same thing. They create a thread a day - sure, but then they're all contiuously bumped so as to give them an unfair advantage. Certainly 1-2 threads on the first page is acceptable, but when people have 4-5 threads on the first page, it can become an advantage.

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Upvote 0

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, one member here, posted bump 6 or 8 times. I mean if NO ONE is replying in 6-8 bumps, then probably NO ONE is intersted, therefore it should be lowered among the thread rankings.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought we had an anti-bump vB hack?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if it is after a day (24 hours) whats is the problem?

Just for information, I have never done that, but I cant see how posting a bump after 24 hours is braking any rules???

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK....

Lets say I post a sale for "MyVeryOwnHomeThatIsNiceAndCozy.com" for $2,000

the next day I say "THIS IS STILL FOR SALE"

the next day I say "THIS OFFER IS STILL AVAILABLE"

the next day I say "COMON THIS OFFER EXPIRES TOMORROW"

the next day I say "OK, I HAVE EXTENDED THIS SALE FOR A FEW MORE DAYS"

the next day I say "GRAB THIS GREAT DOMAIN TODAY"

the next day I say "Still for sale!"

But they post ANOTHER thread every day, so eventually the have about 10 topics, whith 10 replies, all their own.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it is annoying, I agree.
Does that make it illegal?
Personally, I bumb every few days if not a week in between, as I dont like it, but it isnt an illegal activity.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, though it's not against the rules, it's evident to me that many people are merely using a loophole to accomplish the same thing. They create a thread a day - sure, but then they're all contiuously bumped so as to give them an unfair advantage. Certainly 1-2 threads on the first page is acceptable, but when people have 4-5 threads on the first page, it can become an advantage.

Never said it was illegal, I was agreeing with the author of this nice topic ;)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some stricter forums out there make it like if you don't have ADDITIONAL, relevant information, posting to your own threads will be considered as bumping, and you will either be given warning points, account suspended or even permanently banned. So it's more of an art to bump within allowed parameters and at the right time.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do not "bump" your sale threads with the word "bump" or no relevant information. All replies to your own threads in sales MUST contain information pertaining to the sale. Do not use sneaky bump tactics like "If you PM me, post in the thread that you PMed me". There are too many bump tactics to list, so just don't try any of them. Unnecessary thread bumping will not be tolerated.

From the DNForum Rules...

daddypi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
if it is after a day (24 hours) whats is the problem?

Just for information, I have never done that, but I cant see how posting a bump after 24 hours is braking any rules???

As I said - at this point in time, it's not against the rules but IMO it is unjust.

I won't mention names, however there is one member in particular whom I tend to see 6-8 threads of his on each page.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a 24 hour thread hack - A 23 hour bump hack - A no bump rule on the rules page.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's the rules, it's not new. If you see violators, just report the post.

"Do not "bump" your sale threads with the word "bump" or no relevant information. All replies to your own threads in sales MUST contain information pertaining to the sale. Do not use sneaky bump tactics like "If you PM me, post in the thread that you PMed me". There are too many bump tactics to list, so just don't try any of them. Unnecessary thread bumping will not be tolerated."

daddypi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
Here's the rules, it's not new. If you see violators, just report the post.

"Do not "bump" your sale threads with the word "bump" or no relevant information. All replies to your own threads in sales MUST contain information pertaining to the sale. Do not use sneaky bump tactics like "If you PM me, post in the thread that you PMed me". There are too many bump tactics to list, so just don't try any of them. Unnecessary thread bumping will not be tolerated."

True - and I'm sure there's no way around this, however some people intentionally leave out details in the beginning of the post so that they can then bump it later, saying "Oh, I forgot!", etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom