Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Offers Muzzleloader.com - 5500+ monthly uniques with 30% url type-ins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prospecting

Prospecting
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The muzzleloader.com website was developed 3-4 years as an industry directory.

Muzzleloader.com has not ever paid for advertising or marketing of any kind.

Muzzleloader.com has established itself as the premier muzzleloader website on the sole merit of the domain name.

ppc rates of google & yahoo/overture are $.35-50cents for search term "muzzleloader".

++++++++++++
http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=muzzleloadercomstatstk4.png
++++++++++++

Best regards,
Bill Robinson

Domain Days 2024

Gramma

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so is it for sale?
what is BIN price if so

Prospecting

Prospecting
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, everything is for sale, well almost everything

I am trying to figure out how to get the screen shot of the stats on the post.

We will consider offers above 50% of the annual PPC rate multiplied by 5yrs of course.

Best,
Bill

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, everything is for sale, well almost everything

I am trying to figure out how to get the screen shot of the stats on the post.

We will consider offers above 50% of the annual PPC rate multiplied by 5yrs of course.

Best,
Bill
Hi Bill,

Your post is not making sense to us. Domainers base the value of traffic domains on PPC Earnings or Earnings in general, not by the rate an advertiser charges.

What I think he is stating....

5,500 uniques per month X's .35-.50 = $1,925-$2,750 X's 12 = $23,100-$33,000 /50% = $11,550-$16,500 x's 5 yrs (60 months) = $57,750-$82,500 !

Broken down.... $23,100-$33,000 X's 2.5 = $57,750-$82,500

Wow, seemed like I was back at school again...... :yes:

Prospecting

Prospecting
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good morning,

Price is: $95,000

Best regards,
Bill Robinson

price is based on traffic, website & domain

Dave44

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't your numbers assume a 100% CTR? I don't have any names with a 100% CTR

Prospecting

Prospecting
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't your numbers assume a 100% CTR? I don't have any names with a 100% CTR[/quote
===========================

We all know that the muzzleloader industry players are paying the search engines .40cents-.70cents per click thru, and we all know that the conversion rate of a search engine click thru's actually buying muzzleloader products and information is the question that must be asked when trying to determine the value of a website.

We all know that the conversion rate of direct navigation / URl type-in's are so much higher than search engine click-thru's that one cannot really compare their values

But, we do compare them, in that we base our domain values on search engine click-thru pay rates, knowing that our actual unique impressions have much higher rates of conversion simply because the customer is searching specifically for the website/industry domain. And then (not only do we base our domain value on search engine click-thru pa rates) we cut reduce calculated total price (5-yrs) in half. Industry leaders are paying .50cents per search engine click thru, they surely value direct navigation / URL type-in's at higher value.

All of our domain sales are based on PPC rates that the major search engines (google & yahoo/overture) charge for specific search terms, as we know direct navigation / URL type-in customers have a much higher rate of conversion compared to typical PPC conversion through search engines. And of course, the inherent value of a key word industry domain is also a significant aspect of determining specific domain name value.

As with all of our domain sales, we base our pricing on PPC rates, not existing revenue.
Our most recent domain sale was our Fishingpole.com domain, which sold a few weeks ago for over $58,000. Fishingpole.com statistics reflect approximately 950 unique impressions each month. Muzzleloader.com unique impressions are nearly 6000 a month.

The industry PPC-rate that is being paid to Yahoo and google for the search term "muzzleloader" is approximately .40-.70cents. Multiply the industries PPC-rate by the annual unique impressions, which are the annual value.

As, we all know direct navigation / URL type-in traffic has a much higher conversion rate than search engine click thru's. So, with our basing the value Muzzleloader.com on the search engine PPC search term rates, we are actually calculating at a lower value than URL type-in / direct navigation based value.

All of our domain names were purchased/registered back in the late 1990's through the minimal annual registration fee, which allows us to actually offer our domain names at 50-60% of their end buyer value, so that resellers are able to work with a viable reseller margin.

We always ask those interested in our domains to do the math to understand the true value of our domains or any domain names for that matter.

So, with the PPC- search engine click-thru rate is .40-70cents each, base the value of Muzzleloader.com on .50cents per unique impression, in other words multiple .50cents times the annual unique impression rate, that is the annual value, we offer our domains for 5yrs of the annual value, but we do cut that value number in half, simply because of the reason stated above, we acquired all of our domains through the registration process back in the 1990's.

Best regards,
Bill Robinson
Prospecting Associate’s

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bill,

Muzzleloader is a niche market for hunters during a particular time of year during hunting season when this is the only permitted firearm.

Other than that, the only other popularity that I could see would be re-enactments.

I would appreciate if you could publish or PM to me a graph demonstrating a consistent 6000 impressions per month along with the PPC and CTR.

I am sure high search rates is the case during October and November when people may be looking for a new muzzleloader or for type-in searches for "muzzle loader season."

Dave44

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"We all know..."

No, "we" don't all know

"that the muzzleloader industry players are paying the search engines .40cents-.70cents per click thru,"

That may be...

"that the conversion rate of a search engine click thru's actually buying muzzleloader products and information is the question that must be asked when trying to determine the value of a website."

OK...

"that the conversion rate of direct navigation / URl type-in's are so much higher than search engine click-thru's that one cannot really compare their values."

I won't argue that...

"we base our domain values on search engine click-thru pay rates, knowing that our actual unique impressions have much higher rates of conversion simply because the customer is searching specifically for the website/industry domain."

I assume you mean "unique direct navigation users" instead of "unique impressions"

"And then (not only do we base our domain value on search engine click-thru pa rates) we cut reduce calculated total price (5-yrs) in half. Industry leaders are paying .50cents per search engine click thru, they surely value direct navigation / URL type-in's at higher value."

I believe the revenue is cut in half because the domain owner just gets half of the PPC revenue number.

"All of our domain sales are based on PPC rates that the major search engines (google & yahoo/overture) charge for specific search terms, as we know direct navigation / URL type-in customers have a much higher rate of conversion compared to typical PPC conversion through search engines."

The question is not conversion rate- unless you get paid for it. PPC rate is PPC rate. That is what you get paid for. That is what the value of the domain is based on.

"And of course, the inherent value of a key word industry domain is also a significant aspect of determining specific domain name value."

I won't argue that...

"As with all of our domain sales, we base our pricing on PPC rates, not existing revenue."

A strange way to price a domain name.

"Our most recent domain sale was our Fishingpole.com domain, which sold a few weeks ago for over $58,000. Fishingpole.com statistics reflect approximately 950 unique impressions each month. Muzzleloader.com unique impressions are nearly 6000 a month."

Is that 72,000 unique direct navigation users a year? You stated: "The muzzleloader.com website was developed 3-4 years as an industry directory" so I assume you have yearly numbers...

"The industry PPC-rate that is being paid to Yahoo and google for the search term "muzzleloader" is approximately .40-.70cents. Multiply the industries PPC-rate by the annual unique impressions, which are the annual value."

...and the annual "impressions" are...????

"As, we all know direct navigation / URL type-in traffic has a much higher conversion rate than search engine click thru's. So, with our basing the value Muzzleloader.com on the search engine PPC search term rates, we are actually calculating at a lower value than URL type-in / direct navigation based value."

Again, if you don't get paid for conversion rate it really dosen't matter...

"All of our domain names were purchased/registered back in the late 1990's through the minimal annual registration fee, which allows us to actually offer our domain names at 50-60% of their end buyer value, so that resellers are able to work with a viable reseller margin."

It seems you are trying for full "end buyer value" ... and then some.

"We always ask those interested in our domains to do the math to understand the true value of our domains or any domain names for that matter."

PPC rate pricing is not the true value of a domain name. Revenue is...

"So, with the PPC- search engine click-thru rate is .40-70cents each, base the value of Muzzleloader.com on .50cents per unique impression, in other words multiple .50cents times the annual unique impression rate, that is the annual value, we offer our domains for 5yrs of the annual value, but we do cut that value number in half, simply because of the reason stated above, we acquired all of our domains through the registration process back in the 1990's."

Checking the Wayback Machine it looks like the domain has had content since at least 2002. Alexa gives it a current rank of 2,745.078 - too small for data. URLTrends shows a seasonal variability to uniques - also, it shows what seems to be a user erosion over the last year and a half...

Prospecting

Prospecting
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Depending on how the end user presents their products and services at Muzzleloader.com will drive the conversion rate/value. We have no control over that. Prices and presentation of end user products and services will drive the conversion rate, not our debate. We only know what google and yahoo are charging for click-thru's.

The Muzzleloader industry is definitely a niche market with hunting season major sales, but the muzzleloader industry has annual sales over a hundred million dollars. It is part of the hunting industry and has the highest growth rate when comparing to high powered rifle and archery. Muzzleloader.com not only markets muzzleloader products and information, but also all the other hunting equipment and accessories that hunters need, including much of the camping industry, as long as the end user offers good prices and presentation. Niche market is key in establishing the value of muzzleloader.com

muzzleloader.com stats are available for the past 3-4 years, which will confirm the unique impressions and URL type-in rates I have stated in the post.

You may review the following link, which provides a screenshot of the most recent 6-months stats:
http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?i...omstatstk4.png

We appreciate all of your input/perspective regarding the value of muzzleloader.com

Best regards,
Bill Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom