Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

my $800 club drop disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Validweb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi
I've just gone through a nightmare with enom club drop. I grabbed about a dozen domains with them on December 9. I've just now got them all working.
They are now collectively earning about $10/day at namedrive. So I've lost about $800 that I would have earned if the domains had resolved correctly from day one.

enom took forever to respond to my enquiries. support referred me to legal, legal responded slowly and cryptically; i had to email sales to prod legal along. Then legal said the problem was fixed, but the domains still didn't resolve for some time after that, after going back and forth even more with support.

Has anybody else had a similar experience, and what if anything can i do about this???

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i doubt that you can do anything now.

just be glad you got the domains now, and that they are producing revenue.

i would just be content in the fact that enom caught them for you.

had another service caught them, you may have had to pay more to buy them, not to mention what registrar was used to catch them.

good luck ;)

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I feel that something changed (and not for the better) at enom a few months ago.

Do they have a new CEO? Anyone know?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only thing I know is my names aren't with them :)

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess this doesn't help much now, but the next time this kind of thing happens transfer the domain name to a new registrar. You have to wait 60 days after the registration date, but on day 61 transfer out to a registrar that you can use better.

Sometimes clubdrop domains are hard to manage and it really depends on which "partner" registrar was used to register the domain name. Some of these partners provide no support and are not fully integrated into enom's api.

Almost as bad as Pool's partners.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had occasional difficulties changing DNS.

Of a thousand or so names, I had to wait a few days for a handful of them to change automatically.

I had to write about a few too and this was generally fixed within a week to 10 days.

The problem has not been significant for me.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't forget you really did not lose $800, you never had the money to lose it. As was said, be glad you got domains that are making you money.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Momentum said:
I guess this doesn't help much now, but the next time this kind of thing happens transfer the domain name to a new registrar. You have to wait 60 days after the registration date, but on day 61 transfer out to a registrar that you can use better.

Sometimes clubdrop domains are hard to manage and it really depends on which "partner" registrar was used to register the domain name. Some of these partners provide no support and are not fully integrated into enom's api.

Almost as bad as Pool's partners.

what are you talking about, the domains are managed directly from one account...always --- does it get any better then this?! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom