Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

My Age - How it relates to my business

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lets see, I am 15 years old, and will turn 16 in September.

I really hate it when forum members use my age as an insult against me, I know sometimes I can get annoying, but I am making a decent part time 'living' off this business. I personally think the younger members here should be apploaded for creating their own business at such a young age. I dont know what many of the older members here did when they were 15, but I can bet many did run their own business. I dont really care whether you like me, hate me or think I am a dumbass. Really, I just dont care, I am here to make some money, have some fun and learn from the wealth of knowledge in DNF. I hope you would treat me as any other member of DNF, because I am also a human being, (wow, this sounds corny) maybe I advertise my sales too much, but as an over-zealous 15 year old, I am having to learn that doesn't work.

Hopefully some of you will take this message to heart, I am only asking people to treat me with respect so that we can all get along and make a good business. I love DNF very much and will continue to stay, during the highs and lows and in-betweens.

Cheers,
Daniel

DotLeader

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
most people have nothing against 15 yr old running there own business some think its great, but as i said in another post theres times where kids need to be kids and they stuff up
and piss people off , at 15 i didnt as such have a business set up but i had my own sites and was doing things such as that not so long ago really

The majority of people you will deal with in this biz are adults and adults that have there biz caps on and will think twice if you stuff up and be an asshole while on the phone with a potential buyer

just dont turn out like me ;)
stay in school and be cool
:eek:k:

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never thought any less of you because of your age. - Then again, I am 18. But I think it is great that you have started off at a young age and have something going for you. Keep up the the good work.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think there is a reality to the fact that your age makes you a minor, and thus not responsible or bound by any contracts or agreements you may enter into. While it may come off as an insult, I think on some level people "get" that, and are wary of it. Credit card companies do not issue services to those under 18 for a reason.

That said, I think those young entrepeneurs that persevere, even given that very real stigma are champions. I'm very proud of the human spirit in that way. Already running your own business, you're way ahead of the game GT. I marvel at all the young illustrators that can draw circles around me and haven't even been to college yet. Both frightening and inspiring at the same time. Keep it real and keep on it. You're a beacon.

Best,
~ Nexus

M

mole

Originally posted by Nexus
IThat said, I think those young entrepeneurs that persevere, even given that very real stigma are champions. I'm very proud of the human spirit in that way. Already running your own business, you're way ahead of the game GT. I marvel at all the young illustrators that can draw circles around me and haven't even been to college yet. Both frightening and inspiring at the same time. Keep it real and keep on it. You're a beacon.

Ditto. The young today come far far more prepared for the world than the narrow minded ol' foggies like us :-( Darwin was right.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Age is not a problem. Attitude is.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies guys, its a nice thing to wake up to :)

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Honestly, age does not matter. If you are mature about things, then people don't mind dealing with you at all. But then you can be an imature prick (which happens at any age) and that's when it makes a difference. Just be a mature teenager like myself and you will not run into any problems becuase of your age.

Hope this helps GT.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Online people only see what you are posting , not your photo from which they can make judgement of your age. As such if you got some adverse comments , those would have been in reaction to your postings and not to your age.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But many people here know my age already....I know one member....who shall remain nameless that doesnt like that fact that a 15 yr old is on these foums....

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT, There is more than one.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know....there are 2 :-D

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
More than 2..

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT, sometimes a 40 year old can act like a teenager, and a teenager can act like a 40 year old.

Problems only arise when ANYONE of ANY AGE acts like a pre-schooler!

I'm not saying you are doing that, but I think here at DNF, you will mostly be judged by HOW YOU ACT, by your honesty and integrity, and by whether you treat other members with respect, NOT only by how old you are!

IMHO,
WebCat

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, you are right

This was more targeted to the people that discrimate against me beause of my age....if you dont believe me, see the 'Mods' thread here in General Chat

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by URLtrader
Online people only see what you are posting , not your photo from which they can make judgement of your age. As such if you got some adverse comments , those would have been in reaction to your postings and not to your age.

Actually it's fun to see what someone looks like. Makes it a little more personal.

Post your pic on dnfaces.com

You'll see some other young people on there as well as the old fogies like myself. Quite a few members from the forum here have their pic up.
Doc

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just posted my picture on DNFaces.com. Not sure when it will be added. But that was an interesting site to take a look at.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I need to upload something....I still dont have a digital camera, so I will use a scanner, it will be a couple weeks though

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nexus
GT, I see you registered in February, so I'm not sure if you know that this forum was started by a 15 year old named Dan Gessler. DNF$ used to be affectionately termed DanBucks.
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1

By the way, this was an interesting thread Izopod started back in May.
Should age become an issue when buying/selling domains....
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31471

A voicing of opinions in a straight forward, honest fashion.

~ Nexus

I already knew about Dan, but thanks for the other info, Nexus :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom