Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

My CTR is half at parked.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

limonhost

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi all

my ctr at sedo was 30%
at namedrive 35%

but at parked it is 17%

today i turned again sedo and it is 34%

i think my visitors dont like parked.com s templates. is there a wider template like sedos ?

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How was the RPC though, compared to Sedo

limonhost

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
rpc at sedo is 0.035
rpc at parked after update 0.056

so with ctr sedo is better

.........parked ....... sedo
visitors 1021 1065
clicks 186 367
rpc 0.06 0.03
revenue 10.35 13.20

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm having similar issues.

After all the hype, I decided to give Parked a test using 10 low-conversion domains I had at SEDO to see if they did any better using Parked landers. I wasn't ready to try my higher payout domains.

Sadly, the CTR is far less than SEDO after 1 complete week - only ONE click (31 cents!) in 7 days with 32 hits per day average (or 214 total hits). So while SEDO was making little money, Parked clearly made no money.

I do like the picture choices with Parked much more than SEDO's extremely limited picture base, however, SEDO still wins the revenue test for me.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think what you are experiencing is the difference between one and two click landers....for some traffic the parked landers do much better and vice versa...now you do get one click landers for high overture search generic domains from the yahoo feed (they determine this automatically, not parked) hmmmm...maybe in the future parked.com could provide a one click lander option/solution utlizing another feed other than Yahoooooooooo?

limonhost

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
in my opinion parkeds pages look like a parking page.

i couldnt find a template like sedos or namedrives or others.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This doesn't make any sense, you take your crappiest domains at Sedo and send them to Parked.com or another parking company and when the CTR isn't as good you move them back? Even though your RPC is higher? Ok, that makes a lot of sense.

Remember that some domains do better with 1 click landers than 2 click landers for reasons I would rather not discuss.

Donny

gawnd

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my experience is just the opposite - domains with little to no clicks on 1 page landers at sedo are getting healthy CTRs at Parked.

limonhost

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
donny my problem is different. i want another template like the others wider than yours. i couldnt find it.

i turned again sedo to see my ctr is same or not. maybe i have a problem with my domain.

yesterday i send a ticket to montew still waiting a response.

i tried parked a few hours . i will try it again but first i have to find a good "wider" template.

also you said crappiest domain. my one domain had 1,139 views in 8 hours. you call it crappy ?

gawnd

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a few hours is way too short to get any relevant data. i'd suggest giving it a week minimum.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my one domain had 1,139 views in 8 hours. you call it crappy ?

yeah but we are talking about type-in traffic here not myspace typos or bot traffic...lol

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
limonhost - Actually I wasn't talking about you having the crappy domain.

We don't have a wide template. We had a wide template, but we found that we had a lower CTR, so the wide template is currently not an option.

Without knowing what the domain is, it's hard for me to really help to improve the domain to work with our system.

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
OK here's my findings....domains with high traffic outside of the US (e.g. from China) perform better at Sedo when using the Search Engine template. But when I moved to Parked several domains that had zero clicks for an entire month at Sedo, I made the equivalent of $1,200 a year - money that I'd never see at Sedo. So there is no single point solution. I agree that Parked's pages - the 2clickers - don't look like "real" pages while the 1clickers fare much better, all because of the small footprint of the page of 2clickers. So you have to experiment. Unfortunately not all traffic converts well at any parking company either.

discovernow

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You need to give parked a chance for at least 2-3 months and long-term they are the #1 parking company. Also, August can be a slow month so things should pick up after Summer.

sirrobert

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Algorithms and relevancy is part of monetization. My parked pages do great when you spend the time to fine-tune them. Time must be at least 3 plus days to see changes. My top domains receive 2500-6000 clicks a day. You add up the math. Parked is #1 for payouts and pays twice a month, on time every time.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have tested parked for the past 24 days with about 90% of my domains...my CTR at parked.com is triple what sedo's is...it is not even close...my take on the pay thus far has been quadrupled (4X sedo).

The thing that is really wierd is that my unique visitors is about a third less on parked than sedo (but who cares because I am making much, much more money)...I think the 2 click landers separates the crap traffic from the real traffic.

I am going to continue to evaluate my names and move the name performing best to the company that pays the best....I have found that 90% of the time thus far Parked pays the best....sedo and other companies get the other 10%.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Onward said:
The thing that is really wierd is that my unique visitors is about a third less on parked than sedo
Sedo counts bots etc ... Always assume that real traffic is lower than what sedo states.
...in other words Parked is more accurate .

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom