Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

My domain being offered for sale without my knowledge/permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a domain and also have a trade mark for that domain and am in process of developing it. I have noticed that on doing a Google search for it a company (well known in domain trade) is offering it for sale with bold letters visible on search results saying ;
"MyDomain(.com) — Available for Sale at A Major Company"

Is this a tort under US laws, damaging my intellectual property rights by stating that domain is for sale ?.

DG

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
PM me the domain to review.

Tim Schoon

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Often sellers don't take down their old for sale listings at venues like sedo or buydomains after selling a domain.
Because the venue doesn't know the name was sold, it's still listed for sale there. Just send the venue/seller a note saying to take down the listing and you should be fine.

It's often not intentional.

If it is intentional, the guy trying to sell your domain should be in big trouble.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are also these companies who will offer recently dropped domains (or about to be dropped domains) (usually for $199 per year - no, I didn't forget the decinal) and will keep their sales pages up for years after the domain has already been registered (not though them). I even once had a company offer to sell me a domain that I already owned.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
. I even once had a company offer to sell me a domain that I already owned.
LOL, how embarrassing for them. Thanks for all the replies and comments. I just thought, I have better things to do ,will leave for now and get on try and make some money before world weconomy collapses .

DG

SeafoodMonger

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This happens often on our site (www.MediaOptions.com) that owners sell a domain they paid us to list on the site but they never notify us and so it stays on the site.

You should inquire with the marketplace - most likely they don't even know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom