Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

My enom forwarding was hijacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
Had a problem today. A url I am forwarding to one of my larger retail sites was not working today or should I say was redirecting somewhere else.
All of the name servers show as enom in my CP and the site I am redirecting to is working fine however it redirects to Directnic landing page.
Upon checking the zone file it showed 2 Directnic name servers. Kinda wierd as I ahve never had this name registered/pointed to or in anyway affiliated with Directnic.

I called enom and the very helpful tech support was a little baffled and went in and changed to all enom NS a couple of hours ago however still resolving at Directnic.

Anyone have a similar problem before?

Incidently they checked to be sure the domain was not hijacked and it wasn't.

Thanks for any input.

John

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you didn't get your account directly from enom (retail) then the only person who has access to change your name servers and such is the reseller one-level-up who you got your discounted account from.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
if you didn't get your account directly from enom (retail) then the only person who has access to change your name servers and such is the reseller one-level-up who you got your discounted account from.

No this cant be the case because it would at least have shown up in my control panel. Plus cant see how it would benefit them to redirect my names to Directnic.

As far as taking a while to change it shouldnt as it was changed from the registry so should update really fast or at least I would think so.

I am contacting Directnic tomorrow to see if they can give me an explanation.

Thanks.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom