Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

My first accident..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I was driving up to a near by city that has a ski resort. We were going there to snowboard.

I own a 2006 4x4 Chevy Silverado 3/4 ton diesel Crew cab. It was snowing all day up there and I ended up hitting some ice and lost control (idoit me, I didn't have the 4x4 on). I ended up sliding off the road and flipping my truck over and stopping on my roof. The whole passanger side is screwed up and the roof is craved in. It was me and 3 of my buddies in the truck. We all had seatbelts on and we all walked away with not a scratch on us.

Just thought I tell you all my story ;)

truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

truck3.jpg

truck4.jpg

truck5.jpg

truck6.jpg

truck7.jpg

truck8.jpg

truck9.jpg

truck10.jpg

truck11.jpg

truck12.jpg

truck13.jpg

Domain Days 2024

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least you and everyone ended up being safe which is all that matters. The roof looks like a couple grand in damages. Thank god for insurance huh

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeps, this is why God created insurance. Like was said previously, everyone had their seatbelts on, and all emerged unharmed, which is the good thing about your slight mishap.

:edit: Upon looking at your pics, I understand you didn't have 4x4 on, but it also looks like you could used some beefier tires for those wheels that look to be 20" perhaps?

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thats the only damage!? wow! im gonna buy a truck like that! luckly it was that truck and not some cheap car. What a great price to save your life and your buddies! :smilewinkgrin:

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are ok.

I'm pretty sure 4x4 wouldn't have helped in a skid on an icy road. 4 wheel drive helps getting traction when you are stopped, but whether your car is AWD, RWD or FWD if you hit ice and need to brake or steer suddenly, you are screwed.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good thing it was a chevy :eek:k:

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should have see the pic of it when it was flipped over. All of the weight was on the cab. The whole truck's weight was held up but just the cab. When I get those pics, I will post them up here.

The pics don't do the tires size justice. They are alot bigger then what it appears in the pics.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, We will see how much my insurance covers on this. If they screw me over, I will say bye bye to them. Will keep you posted.

YL-TRADER

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WOW! That is really scary! I am happy you were belted in and ok!!

Malaysia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank God for keeping you safe n sound..

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The truck I think saved us from any damage. I really liked it, but my insurance told me that its totaled. So now I hope they don't short me on the payout. We will see.

dr00t

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yah, definitely a total... and you're lucky its an 06.. they have to give you the max in most states.

If its over a year old they usually deduct depreciation....

Here is a photo of one of my cars from a few weeks ago... some asian guy hit it while it was parked in front of my house... said the sun was in his eyes... Its for sale if anyone wants to make an offer.

http://www.rootworldwide.com/mypoorcar/car_10.jpg
http://www.rootworldwide.com/mypoorcar/car_11.jpg

I like your wheels though! Looks good on your truck.

Good luck and keep us posted with what you get next!

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yah, definitely a total... and you're lucky its an 06.. they have to give you the max in most states.

If its over a year old they usually deduct depreciation....

Here is a photo of one of my cars from a few weeks ago... some asian guy hit it while it was parked in front of my house... said the sun was in his eyes... Its for sale if anyone wants to make an offer.

http://www.rootworldwide.com/mypoorcar/car_10.jpg
http://www.rootworldwide.com/mypoorcar/car_11.jpg

I like your wheels though! Looks good on your truck.

Good luck and keep us posted with what you get next!

Ouch, Nice car.

So you are saying that I should get what I paid for it, or the going rate for a new 2006? I haven't heard anything on the refund I will be getting, that is killing me. I need to get another one, but don't want to spend a ton thinking I'm getting the full value of my truck. I have one lined up already, but waiting for the numbers I get back from my adjuster.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
We have a 96 Chevy crew cab dually 1 ton to pull our boat, my husband was in a 3 car freeway collision a couple years ago, 2 cars rear ended him at 70mph, both cars were completely totaled, if they were not wearing seat belts they would of been dead, the first car hit our towing hitch, bent the bumper and that about it, no other damage....Chevy trucks are the best!!!

Glad nobody got hurt!!!

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great to hear that you are okay, my friend!

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have a 96 Chevy crew cab dually 1 ton to pull our boat, my husband was in a 3 car freeway collision a couple years ago, 2 cars rear ended him at 70mph, both cars were completely totaled, if they were not wearing seat belts they would of been dead, the first car hit our towing hitch, bent the bumper and that about it, no other damage....Chevy trucks are the best!!!

Glad nobody got hurt!!!

I have always owned chevy vehicles, and always will :)

I have been rearended 3 times now (nothing major at all, all fenderbenders). All 3 times, my truck (chevy) drove away without a scratch. The others were not so lucky. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom