Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

My first experience w/ a backorder through POOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob_W

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been on the boards for a couple years, but only mess with domains on a limited basis... but thought I would post my experience on my first backorder...
There may be a noobie, like me that doesnt have a full understanding on the process.

ANYWAY...

I was trying to get nclo.com - ( I am a loan officer in NC )

so I was entering domain names on Godaddy and if they were taken already, I would look at the whois info, well this one had expired in April, and after reading here, that it takes a couple months to actually drop, so I thought I would take my chances and try to get it.

again, with the great info shared here... I decided to go with POOL to backorder it, since I have read they seem to have the best chance at grabbing it when it drops.

After about 10 days, I get an email saying " Auction Notice " so they bid was on... it sat for a while and then a few bids, I took a chance and entered the amount I was willing to go ( $179 ) but another bidder already went above that... the final price ended up at $230...

Not sure how much it should have gone for, I know that I bid the most I was willing to pay. ( at least with my wife knowing about it :lol: )

If there is anything else I could have done better... please let me know.

Thanks again for all the info everyone has provided here in the forums.

ROB

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you did everything right except spend what was needed. :)

Rob_W

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do most people use this process for reselling?

I was thinking it as a end user for me as in a couple years I could open my own brokerage.

I hate second guessing myself.

Rob_W

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
they bid up to $355 ... more than I want to put into a domain at this time

But I do agree with you on the meaning part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom