Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

My first script

Status
Not open for further replies.

beashnet

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally finished my first 'bigger' PHP script. The victory tastes especially sweet considering it's a link-popularity checker than can go through thousands of domains and format the results in nice tables with next & prev links :D

Just wanted to share this with someone.. always a nice feeling to complete something for the first time, wouldn't you agree?

-F

P.S It's not for sale. And since it wouldn't take you, with moderate programming knowledge, more than 5-10hrs of initial coding and a few extra hours of optimizing anyway, you can really do it yourself.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Congrats beashnet - can you show the script or link to usf?

beashnet

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'll post a screenshot of the results pages within an hour.. working on adding "instant registration" & "check for availability" links next to the names.

Good if you load in an expired domains list.

Feature suggestions are welcome :D If they're good, I might even consider giving you access hehe.

beashnet

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just re-vamped the functionality to make it faster..

Now, instead of checking site after site and then saving the results.. It runs a get process on each domain @ each searchengine, saves the searchengine results in the folder for the current name being searched..

Then when that is done, which only takes less than a minute even for a thousand domains, it runs a seperate script that goes thru all HTML files, grabs the appropriate numbers, creates a total.html in each domains directory with details and a huge index.html in the root directory listing main stats in a table.

Did I make any sense just now? :D

Anyway it's a hell lot faster now.

beashnet

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Here's a screenshot. I only choose to check dnforum and not more than 3 times so you could see the bottom buttons. I didnt really want to make more than 1 screenshot :D

Oh and just to explain. There's also an admin page where I select which list to use (textfiles stored locally on the server) & how many results to display per page. I also fixed so I could check only one or two search engines if I wanted to.. just because it was easy heh. The more functions the better eh?

Anyone have any questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom