Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

my first..UDRP case..any lawyer to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tassos

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have recieved emails for a UDRP case (20 august)
i need a lawyers opinion and help maybe..
the domain is: f l u k e biz
thank you
Tassos

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seems like a generic domain, how were you using it? Just Domain Sponsor?

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you offer to sell it to anyone?

tassos

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Commencement of Administrative Proceeding. In accordance with Rules, Paragraph 4(c), the formal date of the commencement of the administrative proceeding is July 30, 2004.

5. Deadlines. Within 20 calendar days from the commencement date, the Forum must receive, a Response and all exhibits according to the requirements that are described in The Rules, Paragraph 5 and the Supplemental Rules. You must also serve these on the Complainant. Your Response and exhibits must be received by the Forum by August 19, 2004 In the event the Complainant elects to have the dispute heard before a single-member Administrative Panel, and you elect to proceed with a three-member Administrative Panel, this is also the date by which you must make the required additional payment

6. Default. If your Response and/or required payment are not received by the above date, you will be considered in default. We will still appoint an Administrative Panel to review the facts of the dispute and to decide the case. The Administrative Panel will not be required to consider a late-filed Response, but will have the discretion to decide whether to do so and, as provided for by Rules, Paragraph 14, may draw such inferences from your default as it considers appropriate. There are other consequences of a default, including no obligation on our part to consider any designations you have made concerning the appointment of the Administrative Panel or to observe any guidelines you have provided concerning case-related communications.

7. Administrative Panel. The dispute between you and the Complainant will be decided by an Administrative Panel consisting of either one or three impartial and independent decision makers who will be appointed by the Forum. The Complainant in this administrative proceeding has elected an Administrative .........

and now??

domnet said:
Did you offer to sell it to anyone?
nope

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't the terms of service for .biz names say that you already have to have an operating business to use it with before you register a name?

Wait, that's right, the thread mole links to explains that. Sounds like you are out of luck unless you can show you already have a company by that name.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.biz names aren't worth spending thousands of dollars defending

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't spent $100 if it meant I would keep fluke.biz for sure :dead:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Some companies consider the .biz to be equal to .com for their image. That's why they targetted fluke.biz and not the .net or .org (the latter even links to actual Fluke products via PPC!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom