Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

My moms house burned down to the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone......

I got a call a few days ago at 7:00 AM, and my mom said their house burned down to the ground. And started crying, they lost everything inside the house. They live out on a farm out side of bloomsburg PA, they rented the place for 18 years that they lived there. My mom and dad live there, and kitara my 10 year old girl lives with them as well. My mom said, that my dad just left and she went back to bed. She woke up to fire alarms going off, kitara was upstairs in bed sleeping.

She run to get her up and out of the house, but seen flames and smoke coming up through the bathroom floor. So she shut the bathroom door, to help slow down the smoke. And got them out of the house, this was about just before 5:00 AM. It was 10 degrees out side with 40 mph gust of wind, she got kitara away from the house. And got into the truck and got it out of there, their van broke 2 weeks ago. And they use all their savings, for a down payment on the truck to replace the van.

They did not even have a coat to wear, I seen it on the news and there was nothing left. I made the trip once or more every week, with out fail even in 3 foot blizards I went. To see my child that I love to death, my mom is 68 not in the best of heath. My dad retired but the retirement check would not make ends meet, so he went back to work after only 2 months of retirement. They went to get help, because they had no house no money and no more home.

They put them up in hotel for 3 days, and give them a $500 ATM card to get some stuff they need. And set up a fund to help them, I've been a memeber here for some time now. And feel I have made some friends here, and hope others feel the same. I want to help them bad, but don't have any money to help. And I thought that may be some people here, may want/willing to help my family out with the fund. I'm sure the $500 will not go far, here is the fund info and the bank phone# to verify it's true.

I do have a pay pal confirmed account, as some people will not hard mail it to the fund I'm sure. And I will only give my confirmed pay pal account email, if I'm PMed and there is no other way. I can get the money to my family ASAP, but that should be your only option to do it that way. Thanks! Tim

Rita & Dave Bumbaugh
First Columbia Bank & Trust
Columbia Mall Drive
Buckhorn PA 17815

You can verify it with the bank at, ph# 1-570-387-6100

Edited in: I'm adding my pay pal email here, as was asked for below for everyone.

My pay pal email is: [email protected]

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can give any amount you want, even if it's small it will help them.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's terrible, so sorry to hear it. PM me your paypal account info.

rusty123

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it sounds awful, I'm just glad that no one was hurt, and hope they had insurance for there things. PM your paypal

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is terrible, I felt sick for 2 days over it.

Kitara called me today, she said she wished she would of thought and grabbing her gameboy DS. Because she could of sold it for some money, I told her there was no time to get anything. And that that stuff could be replaced, I asked her if they found the dogs on the 2nd search. She said no, and I could tell she was holding back crying.

When I got off the phone with her, I sat down and cried my self. She loved the dogs, I don't think it all set in yet for her. I seen the news paper photos, and I could see her bike burning up in the flames in it.

Edited IN: They could not get their stuff insured, they said the house was to old and not upto modern standards. So they could not get insurance on it, and have no money coming at all.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dogs are smart, they can find their way out. Make sure they check the local animal shelters.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sad to hear the story! Let me know your paypal!

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did not think about the shelter for the dogs, I will get them to call if they did not already.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sad to hear that.
PM your paypal as well.
Simon

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know it doesn't help now, but get them to get "renters insurance" in the future. Most people don't think about it. It's maybe $20 per month for a $10,000 policy. In a case like this it would pay out the whole $10,000 because everything was lost.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My mom said she tired to get that insurance before, and they would not give it to her. Because it was a old house, and not upto modern code standards.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey ... sorry to hear .. can you post the paypal for all ?

------
edit- $100 sent

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just donated 15$, make good use of the money
good luck

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will post my pay pal email here, so people can just send to it with PMing me as asked.

My pay pal email is: [email protected]

I will also keep posting, how much is sent to my pay pal account for everyone. And thank you everyone for helping my family, they really do need the help.

So far the count is: $110.91 that is with the pay pal fees taking out.

Edited in: The count so far $206.76 with pay pal fees taken out.

Edited in: Now $225.63

rusty123

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suggest contacting the local newspaper to run your families story there are often local people that read and are willing to help out.

Donated $20 i hope everything works out.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My sister and one friend wrote/called the news papers, hopefully they will and get help that way as well.

The updated amount is, $225.63 with pay pal fees taken out. And a big thanks, to everyone that helped my family so far. As I said right now any amount will help them, as they lost everything they had.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you.....

The updated amount is: $249.35 with pay pal fees taken out.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
are you now in the states?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom