Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

My Mood Selector Placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion here.
I don't think the My mood selector should be at the top of everypage where it is.I see that it is already in the user cp - options page.

here's a couple reason's why.

#1. I accidently move my mouse over the drop down menu while using the scroll button all the time ,changing my mood accidently, when i don't want a mood at all. Its happened in Pm's , reading threads, making posts, usually 2 three times a day. (maybe there is a setting i can change on my mouse software, ive looked but cant find much)

#2. I am on here to do business, I'm not at all concernced about people's moods which in turn im not to concerned about mine.

again, these are just my thoughts, I'm not one to tell someone how to run their site and I respect and understand what it takes to run a large forum. I certainly don't expect changes to be made based on one person's comments either. Just food for thought.

Upvote 0

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
#2. I am on here to do business, I'm not at all concernced about people's moods which in turn im not to concerned about mine.

Its a forum.. meaning its not JUST business, but a community. Not everyone comes on here to do business every single time.. There are alot of discussions going on, and something like the mood thing is just an addition to the community side of the forum and not business.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its a forum.. meaning its not JUST business, but a community. Not everyone comes on here to do business every single time.. There are alot of discussions going on, and something like the mood thing is just an addition to the community side of the forum and not business.

I'm not arguing the My mood mod, but the additional placement of the selector on the header of the forum.
heck im not even arguing just noting my 2 cents :)

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Agree. This is supposed to be a professional forum. That hack serves no purpose other than to make this forum look like it was designed for 12 year olds.

- Rob

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see it as similar to smilies. No biggie to me. But the input is appreciated, the big man listens to your suggestions.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is supposed to be a professional forum. That hack serves no purpose other than to make this forum look like it was designed for 12 years.

These were my thoughts exactly when I saw the "My Mood" hack. We are trying to come accross as a professional forum, and this is a totally pointless addition. I have no problem with it being tucked away under user options or something, but do we really need it at the top of every page? What's next, the "My Favorite Color is..." hack?

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I say add an option to our UserCP's that says "Show Member Moods" Yes or No. If we set this to no, then we won't see the extra option, OR members moods in their posts. Some people just don't care about things like that. :)

I personally don't mind it, but I don't set a Mood myself because I can't be bothered with updating it all the time. :)

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually never look at someones "mood" - since day one I am simply cynical.

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
- since day one I am simply cynical.

Since you was born? :tape: ( Sorry! )

Actually, I don´t think we need this feature really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom