Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

My url goes to Sedo's home page...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I had my name parked at sedo, I then decided to dev. the name so I set my dns to my server. Now when I go to my url I get sedos home page, has anyone else ever seen this, this cant be right/normal, obviously they are getting all my traffic and I am getting zip....

Sedo whats up with that?

Mike

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mine did that too, but I tried it moments later, and it was fixed...

I was also having problems logging into my account there.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well I hope it goes to where it supposed to soon as the traffic is wasting away. I just found it strange that it wouldnt continue going to my parked page till the new dns takes affect, like why does it revert to their home page, doesnt make much sense to me.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Tippy,

DNS updates happen much faster than they used to but sometimes a full propagation of the update can take anywhere from hours to a couple of days.

But the registrar is the only party that might be able to influence the speed of a DNS update.

Jay
[email protected]

Tippy said:
I had my name parked at sedo, I then decided to dev. the name so I set my dns to my server. Now when I go to my url I get sedos home page, has anyone else ever seen this, this cant be right/normal, obviously they are getting all my traffic and I am getting zip....

Sedo whats up with that?

Mike

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I understand how dns updates work, my concern was why did it stop showing my parking page and start showing sedo's home page...

Its now showing my parked page.

Thanks,

Mike

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Actually folks, that's not what happened. I visited a couple of my domains in the past few days and at random the Sedo page comes up instead of the parking page!
Meanwhile, my hits & revenue have been going downhill in the past 3 days.

It's clearly a problem with Sedo's servers not displaying the parked PPC page.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just checked and my revenue was half the normal day(friday).. and yes sedo have been having problems these past few days.. what with the sedo.com not working.. You would think that the have a duplicate test server instead of trying software updates on a live system.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried following a sedo URL several times yesterday or the day before and the resulting page was the string:

not found"

Obviously not an ideal page to arrive at by any standards.

Not sure if this is related.

I could still log on though.

S

SedoCoUk

Sorry about the previous confusion tippy. If you still see this or if anyone's parked domain doesn't go to their parking page please let me know which domain and I will ask someone from our tech department to researc and fix the issue.

Jay
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom