Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

My usrname is not so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have always been suspicious my usrname was a negative at the forum. Itactualy means financial market trading (as in the past I did some trading, but not now). However, I believe some here think in error it really means 'domain' trading.

That is possibly the reason I often have trouble here buying for a good price, in that some may think I am trying to buy low so I can turn-around and 'trade' or resell the name right away to another buyer (possibly an end-user they are thinking IMO) for a higher price. Therefore they are reluctant to give me a good deal on the domain but give nice deals to others.

A perferct example of this is the name running shoes dot com adverstised on dnf the other day without a price along with other names. I liked the name a lot for a developed site selling runner shows so I asked for a BIN price by PM.

Was surprised to be told $3,000 BIN so never bothered to reply since I thought it was more like a mid-3 figure name (and would have likely gone about $500). Today I see the seller posted prices and also sold the name for *only* $150.

A similar thing happened with a female org name where I was told by PM a BIN of $300. I was willing to go about $100 so I passed but a few day later I see it advertised here for only $60.

Since I am strictly a forum buyer and not a seller my usrname seems to work to my disadvantage so decided to either change my usrname or not make any more offers to buy, at least for now, possibly indefinately. I need a vacation anyway, bye for now.

Last edited:

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you're paranoid. :-D

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
I think you're paranoid. :-D

Well, I can't think of a good reason for an asking price to be disclosed as $3,000 to someone and then soon after sold to someone else for $150. You should have at least been given the opportunity to purchase the domain first if the seller was good for anything.

That would make me angry as well.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe the seller should have taken your offer ha? Trader is good name i think ! your screenname has nothing to do with it friend. Nobody cares if its Trader or anything else.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Isnt the trader you're referring to Traitor? crap I don't know , im kind of off today.. almost ran into a police car while at a drive thru

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can change your username, of course, but I wouldn't do it. Your name
has nothing to do with this. Maybe people ask higher prices from you, due
to your high number of posts. They might think you must be a rich domain
trader, because you have been a member at DNF for so long. Well, just my
thoughts... Don't know if that's a likely theory. Good luck with your future
acquisitions though! :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
A perferct example of this is the name runnershoes.com adverstised on dnf the other day without a price along with other names. I liked the name a lot for a developed site selling runner shows so I asked for a BIN price by PM.

Was surprised to be told $3,000 BIN so never bothered to reply since I thought it was more like a mid-3 figure name (and would have likely gone about $500). Today I see the seller posted prices and also sold the name for *only* $150.
Sorry if it sounds rude, but this is a perfect example of how stupid some domain sellers are: they *think* THAT is "negotiation". ;p

DeluxeNames.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You user name is "Trader"? Wow, that's a loaded username. If I was to sell a domain to you I would, at the very least, triple the price. You would probably just sell it to your many "trading" contacts for 10x as much. I bet your one of those beady-eyed "trading" types in the smoke filled rooms. In fact, I don't think I could ever, in good conscience sell a name to a guy named "trader."

...But on second thought, there is nothing wrong with your username. Were you starting to believe me?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Have a nice vacation Dave - come back refreshed :-D

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Have a nice vacation Dave - come back refreshed :-D

That's what I need too...

Seriously, it is a negotiation process. I have some members here sold me a domains for reseller price and I resell to a direct buyer, nice return of investment. Though I have some experiences that I sold low as well... I guess it is part of the domaineer business ....

Cheers,
Em

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
people think I'm a giant :-D

D

dragonhawk

And I'm a dragon :D

Seriously, the name doesn't mean anything. I don't even really pay attention to the name when I'm buying or selling domains.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think your DNF name is fine. I am, however, having a really tough time resisting making any wise cracks about...

A similar thing happened with a female org name

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomeBase said:
...having a really tough time resisting making any wise cracks about...

When I said a similar thing happened with a female org name I was not referring to [adult name] which was purch by Domain King a few yrs ago for 16K :cheeky: I am now departing on my vacation :wink:

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I can't think of a good reason for an asking price to be disclosed as $3,000 to someone and then soon after sold to someone else for $150. You should have at least been given the opportunity to purchase the domain first if the seller was good for anything.

First things first Trader is a very nice name. A very thought out name.

negotiation is a tool people use to barter. I listed RunningShoes.com for an offer

you requested a price so i sent a price If you wanted to pay 500.00 that is the time

you Counter offer for 500.00 If you did the name would have been sold. Is an offer

is a price you are willing to pay, Taking offer's is asking you to let me know what you

are willing to pay. In this case I responded like this. Please let me know what your

willing to pay if it is fair I will accept your offer.

How am i to know you are willing to pay 500.00.

Now Nameslave

Originally Posted by trader
A perferct example of this is the name runnershoes.com adverstised on dnf the other day without a price along with other names. I liked the name a lot for a developed site selling runner shows so I asked for a BIN price by PM.

Sorry if it sounds rude, but this is a perfect example of how stupid some domain sellers are: they *think* THAT is "negotiation". ;

Not reading into the posted And saying what you did made america free.

Like i said bargianing is a two way street an offer and a counter offer

and sometimes it takes minutes, hours, days I sell domain names all the

time to people offer me 50.00 and i sell them for x,xxx but when this

happens.

Was surprised to be told $3,000 BIN so never bothered to
negotiation stops his desire for the name was not

enough to counter offer. I would be stupid if i didn't try and maximize my

domain names...

If you don't know I am a sole business owner with a few thousand domain

names http://www.dreamtdomain.com

SO i am sorry if i offended you trader. But I am even sorrier you did not

counter offer. for five hundred dollars. I feel I lost money.

That would have been a fair offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom