Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

MythBuster: Former Farmer Gregg McNair Proves Domain Opportunties Still Abound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new October Cover Story is out at DNJournal.com. Some say the really BIG opportunities in the domain business disappeared years ago, but people who entered the game late like Gregg McNair keep proving otherwise. McNair didn't enter the business until the end of 2005 but he is now one of the industry's biggest players. The article is available here:
http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2009/october.htm

Last edited:

gafadi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i didnt read the whole thing but i read some parts , very inspiring indeed

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ron: One of the best issues yet; Domainers should pay close attention to the conference in New York. Thanks!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excellent article Ron. However, was disappointed that with his very late 05 start as a domainer there was precious little information on how he managed to buy so many good names (at assumed low prices) and apparently pyramid them into big profits with bulk sales soon therafter? Anyone know?

Kind of similar to the mystery on how in the world Frank Schilling became so successful that he makes about $300 with every breath he takes 24X7 but only sparse details on how he did it late in the game too, circa 2002 I believe. Anyone know?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excellent article Ron. However, was disappointed that with his very late 05 start as a domainer there was precious little information on how he managed to buy so many good names (at assumed low prices) and apparently pyramid them into big profits with bulk sales soon therafter? Anyone know?

Kind of similar to the mystery on how in the world Frank Schilling became so successful that he makes about $300 with every breath he takes 24X7 but only sparse details on how he did it late in the game too, circa 2002 I believe. Anyone know?

That's like asking Colonel Sanders to tell you EXACTLY what is in his secret recipe. :)
Gregg and Frank are still very much in business, so even though they are as helpful as they can be, I doubt they want to create dozens of competitors playing the game exactly the same way they do.

Last edited:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's like asking Colonel Sanders to tell you EXACTLY what is in his secret recipe. :) Gregg and Frank are still very much in business, so even though they are as helpful as they can be, I doubt they want to create dozens of competitors playing the game exactly the same way they do.

Hi Ron, Thanks for the replies by post above and email too :) You know I love both you and DNJ so please excuse me for giving my honest thoughts on this subject.

The main reason I am in forums (one less these days since I was recently banned by one of the major boards for non-valid reasons including a false assertion by the admin re a lawsuit - due to admins error:rolleyes:) and I read DNJ too for domaining knowledge including give and take, and not for reading the fluff, people being patted on the back for doing good work, being successsful, making money, etc and for human interest stories. That stuff is for a different kind of media, imo, but others may in fact enjoy the people stories more than I do.

However, I want to know or also get some ideas on how those much more successful than myself managed to succeed so much better than myself since I started in domains/websites circa 1995/96 yet others who started as much as 10 long years later in 2005 or 2002, etc somehow almost magically left me standing in the dust as far as financial success goes.

I don't really buy the theory that revealing information can be a negative for them by creating competitors since they have already succeeded big time, plus I doubt whatever magic they did in 02 or 05 or whenever can be easily duplicated again today anyway.

Don't expect them to go into great detail but at least the basic story and main methods on how they did it would be nice to read about and make DNJ even more valuable.

P.S. Maybe I am a little bitter because I have been giving too much over the years on forums etc and seemingly getting less and less knowledge from others over time, who don't share for whatever reasons). Thanks for listening to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom