Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

name and shame - uber spam - [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i've literally gotten about a dozen emails over the past 2 - 3 day from some d-bag thinking i want to buy his singular domain of which i happen to own the plural. whats worse, i had to endure the same barrage several months back over the same domain.

once is fine, even twice, i get it. a third time, you are on shaky ground, but this barrage of incessant emails is clearly over the line. i even replied after the second email to let this person know that if they had bothered to actually navigate to my domain and manually review it, they would see it goes to giant glowing FOR SALE landing page, which should indicate i am also a domain reseller and probably not interested. that message apparently went unheeded.

said d-bag:

Alex [email protected]
to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
date Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 11:12 AM
subject XXXXXXXX
Preferred Domain Availability Notice:

XXXXXXXXXXX will be listed for auction in a few days. This domain might be useful for you, since you own a domain similar to XXXXXXXXXXX

To express interest in owning this domain, fill out the simple form here: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sincerely, Alexander
PO Box 26125
Colorado Springs, CO 80936

ElginOnline.com forwards to InTrustDomains.

i think this person may be using different email addresses, as i have been marking the last several as spam and moving to my junk folder to delete, but the new emails keep showing up in my inbox. leading me to believe the older ones came from a different address. not sure .

anyway,

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been getting those same emails. Heck of a business model.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received many of them in my junks folder, various of alex@ different domains email address. But my emails take care of it, straight to my junk.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get emails like that most every day, sometmes multiple ones fron different sources. All a similar theme such as selling the com if I own the org, or selling the net if have the com, selling the singular if I own the plural or the reverse, or a spelling variation, sometimes I even get one offering the .me ext if I own the org or com and I wonder why anyone would want to also buy the dot-me?

It's something which seems to be a faily new business model and being heavily used by those who are desperate to make a buck. It could be since overall sales and ppc income is so low domainers are turning to this to get income. It's all annoying and spam.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received many of them in my junks folder, various of alex@ different domains email address. But my emails take care of it, straight to my junk.

not me for some reason. i get his emails in twos, and i would delete them both, go back to working, and next time i check my inbox a few hours later i have two new emails from the same guy. it just got really ridiculous, last straw type of -ish

I get emails like that most every day, sometmes multiple ones fron different sources. All a similar theme such as selling the com if I own the org, or selling the net if have the com, selling the singular if I own the plural or the reverse, or a spelling variation, sometimes I even get one offering the .me ext if I own the org or com and I wonder why anyone would want to also buy the dot-me?

It's something which seems to be a faily new business model and being heavily used by those who are desperate to make a buck. It could be since overall sales and ppc income is so low domainers are turning to this to get income. It's all annoying and spam.

i get these regularly too, but only 1 or 2 from the same person about the same domain, not a dozen over a few days.

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been getting those alex@ mails too for a few weeks now. Usually up to 10 emails for the same domain, 1-2 even 3 times a day. He always uses different domains after alex@ and for the links in the email. (Obviously random domains he owns.)
However, the domains he offers he DOESN'T own - they are domains about to drop in a few days...

This type of business isn't new, I've been getting similar messages before, but then usually ONE message per domain... not 10.
They're a nuisance, but on occasion I've taken the hint, and regged the domain in question after it's dropped, for reg fee... That's been when it's something I've developed, usually.

Edit: from what I've seen too, all domain names used after alex@ are registered by:

InTrust Domain Names
11605 Meridian Market View #124-134
Falcon
CO
US
(1)303-800-0310
[email protected]

Last edited:

centurion

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Me too. Really getting obnoxious .

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom