Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Name Hijacked At NETWORK SOLUTIONS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Had a name hijacked from my NSI account two days ago!! No emails, no mail--nothing from them!! And the son of a bitch who moved it into HIS account made it a "Private Registration"!! Going after him and it right now!!

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I presume you've changed your NSI password by now?

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FLe8 said:
I presume you've changed your NSI password by now?
Check all your contact emails on any other domain names you have there. I have read that sometimes the hijacker changes just your email addy, so you don't notice it if you happen to be looking at whois.

I suggest running a bulk whois checker on any domain name you have and look for email addy changes and/or other changes. Watch my domains pro is my favorite, you can quickly sort by email address and any differences should be quite obvious http://www.domainpunch.com/products/wmdpro/ (NOTE: Not an affiliate link )

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas for all the advice.

NSI is working hard on this one because there were NEVER any internal orders, memos, emails, etc. of the request ever being made and no records of the actual move itself! They are stumped and pretty pissed off themselves about this PR**K! Should have an answer later today!?

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Keep up us all posted.. possibly an inside job if there are no records on the name at all.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PM sent, Wm. M. I've been reading various threads from other forums, and it
seems they're getting more hijacks lately despite the "security measures" they
said they input.

I wonder how did your name get hijacked...

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of a hijack case as well. This is my 3rd incident of hijacking or fraudulent paypal payment in less than a year.

Try and document everything including periodic screen shots of your portfolio and records as you can never have enough proof.

So far I recovered 2 of the names but it took time and patience.

I hope they start prosecuting for these offenses as no one was ever charged in any of the cases. This only makes matters worse as these hijackers can just try again.

Best of luck in getting your name back.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if it was a SN drop, that means possibly, it never dropped right, and SN transfered it to you because of the new deal they have.
So, a theory:
the previous owner managed to somewhow work around the system, since the domain never really dropped, and got it 'back' somehow???

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Finally got my domain back yes. (Thurs, 3/31)!

Yun Ye's (Ultimate Search) sale of most of his domain names to Marchex, Inc. was the reason!

On February 14th, the following press release was issued by Marchex: Concurrent with the close of its offerings, Marchex today completed the acquisition of certain assets of Name Development Ltd., a corporation operating in the direct navigation market, for $164.2 million, including $155.2 million in cash and $9 million in stock. As part of this transaction, Marchex has acquired a large base of online user traffic, which Marchex estimated at more than 17 million unique visitors per month in November 2004. This traffic is generated from a portfolio of Web properties, or Internet domains, which are generally reflective of commercially-relevant search terms in many of the Internet's most popular vertical commerce categories, and may include geographically-targeted elements. The total number of Internet domains in the portfolio, including Marchex's existing Internet domains, is now more than 200,000.

Only problem was they tried to transfer in to Network Solutions a couple of names that didn't belong to them, all quite by accident. Anyway, that's what NSI says happened.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i've been getting an unusually high amount of transfer requests from nsi resellers lately for a bunch of 2 word generics and some rather worthless domains... anybody else know of this trend or is it just me? might be a glitch.. oh well'

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom