Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Name hijacked by GoDaddy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

WINNA

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have 2 accounts locked at GoDaddy.com, and have been slowly transferring my domains away from them.

I recently transferred a domain from an account that had 3 domains in the account. They request that when you transfer the domains from the locked accounts you need to provide the pin code. I have provided the same pin code on all occasions when transferring my domains from them, yet this time they say the pin code is incorrect when I try to transfer the last remaining domain with them. I have filled out a domain change request form, and as the domain’s registrant is under Geaney.com, they want me to prove that I have rights to the company’s name. Geaney.com is under a privacy account.

Go figure.

WINNA

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have done that repeatedly and have been told by the Office of the President at GoDaddy that contact is to made by email only. The domain that is in question is in my name and I have sent them all relevant identification including drivers licence, credit card and government issued identification.

WINNA

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domain Name now back in my control and being transferred away from godaddy.

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you have not already done so, I would try customer service before the Office of the President. Mistakes, usually forgotten passwords, happen all the time.

I can see GoDaddy’s security concerns (even if the mistake is theirs), and I don’t think you would want GoDaddy to transfer your domains to an unknown “private” account instantly after a questionable password reset. If anything, it looks like GoDaddy is trying to limit hijacking, and you are collateral damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom