Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Name in violation of TM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck89102

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is a popular software program that is trademarked. Their TM name is a made-up word (just for an example: Kudzu). I changed one letter, the z to an s so my name in this example is Kudsu.com.
Am I in TM violation?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Depends on how you use the domain and whether it can be construed as a tm dilution.

Brett Lewis

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no way that anyone could answer your question without knowing all of the facts. What is the trademark in question? What is your domain name? How is the trademark used? Is it famous? What do you plan to do with your domain name?

You should not answer those questions in a public forum.

There are MANY misconceptions about trademark law. If you are concerned, you should get a clearance from a trademark attorney.

cyberlaw

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to agree with Brett here. While I think people try to be helpful on these boards, it is very difficult, if not impossible to get any serious and complete answer without a lot more details that really shouldn't be posted in a public forum. Plus, any advice received here really should not be relied upon because posters don't have what they need to fully understand the matter.

Definitely get in touch with a domain/trademark attorney. There are many on this board, or find someone locally, or whatever you prefer.

Eric
http://www.cyberlawonline.com

ernestjev

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
you must change more than one letter if they want it they get it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom