Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Name Jet Forgives MyTypo Bid Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just thought taht I would say something good about a drop catcher and apologize to anyone who might have been involved with an auction that I accidentally F****d up.

I was (too) casually upping my bid for ShortCircuits.COM to $171. Unfortunately, my fat finger managed to enter $1721. I quickly hit the drop box button that came up about the time my mind engaged. I then won the auction for $521. I wrote to Name Jet and they refunded my money something that I wasn't sure would happen. I do appreciate their forgiveness and am not sure that all drop catchers would have done this.

Please DON'T do this intentionally! I assure you that I didn't. If you were bidding on ShortCircuits.COM, it will be up again (no conspiracy here) and I ask your forgiveness too!

Jon :uhoh:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info, nice to hear that some companies still listen and make a call not based on $$$ ... glad it worked out for you. :yo:

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same happened to me once too except they told me to GFY.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just thought taht I would say something good about a drop catcher and apologize to anyone who might have been involved with an auction that I accidentally F****d up.

I was (too) casually upping my bid for ShortCircuits.COM to $171. Unfortunately, my fat finger managed to enter $1721. I quickly hit the drop box button that came up about the time my mind engaged. I then won the auction for $521. I wrote to Name Jet and they refunded my money something that I wasn't sure would happen. I do appreciate their forgiveness and am not sure that all drop catchers would have done this.

Please DON'T do this intentionally! I assure you that I didn't. If you were bidding on ShortCircuits.COM, it will be up again (no conspiracy here) and I ask your forgiveness too!

Jon :uhoh:

if it had been the fraudsters over at snapnames they would have bid it up to $1720 ;), themselves

FSNet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a similar situation with another provider as well. I was bidding a name up to 120 and typed in 1200 instead. When i returned home later i saw that i won the auction for 1050. I called them up panicking because this was a few years ago when I was broke and it would have ruined me! The woman was very helpful and managed to refund my money. There were other interested parties as well and I am pretty sure they sold it for a comporable amount.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namejet is a great standup company, I can tell you from personal experience they are very willing to help their customers. I give them 5 stars. :cool:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You can also get refunds for ice cream cones after you eat them, as long as you claim you mistook the flavor.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can also get refunds for ice cream cones after you eat them, as long as you claim you mistook the flavor.

The other day I was at the Burger King drive through, and asked for a large water (for my wife) and a medium root beer, and when I came to the window, she had filled a large root beer and a medium water. I told her it was wrong, but I think she still misunderstood, but charged me only for a medium root beer, and giving me the large one "cause she would have to throw it away" and then still gave me the medium water instead of the large. We did not bother to try to talk to her about it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That's the beauty of a consumer-driven society :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom