Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

name-services.com - Genuine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnGBUK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have just had this email. Is this genuine?
I ask this as Enom's DNS uses name-services.com (where this particular domain is held) but when you go to that site, it resembls nothing like Enom's site. What do you think? Anyone had anything similar from Enom? I would imagine this IS from Enom, but don't you think that the web page they are using is inappropriate given the possible uncertainty over internet security nowdays? Shouldn't the web page on www.name-services.com resemble the Enom page in some way?

-------
Dear Domain Holder,

This message is a reminder to help you keep the contact data associated with your domain registration up-to-date.

As of October 31, 2003 we are required by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) to send you this reminder by the Anniversary date of each registered Domain Name that is subject to the terms and conditions of that organization.

Below is a list of domain names with your email address listed as the registrant or administrative contact. The current contact information associated with the domain may be verified by following the link provided.
If any of the contact data is inaccurate, it must be corrected. If the contact data is accurate, no further action is required to comply with this notice.

Please remember that under the terms of your registration agreement, the provision of false Whois (contact) information can be grounds for cancellation of your domain name registration.

Domain Names with Anniversary Dates between January 1 and January 31

Name: Registration Date:
------ -----------------
m???.com Jan 21, 2000
View Contact Data: <http://wdrp.name-services.com/whois.asp?key=XXXXXedit>

Thank you for your attention.

Sincerely,

WDRP Compliance

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess eNom INTENTIONALLY makes name-services.com a generic brand so clients of THEIR resellers can't tell that it's from eNom. ;)

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These emails are a nusiance, albeit genuine.
Had some today for some regfly names, using the name-services url as well.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Totally legit, and a good reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom