Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Name verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me why it takes so long to have newly-entered domains verified by Sedo? I've had the same bunch of names up top of my page for a good while now, and any new names added keep skipping ahead around them. I've checked that I've added the correct names and tlds and also that the nameservers have been changed at the registrar.

Domain Days 2024

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Either your name servers are not pointed correctly / didn't update quickly, or the previous owner didn't remove it from their account before you pointed it (the most likely scenario).

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've checked my nameservers are pointing to Sedo. Is it likely any previous owner still has them in his account when they are all hand-regged?

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've checked my nameservers are pointing to Sedo. Is it likely any previous owner still has them in his account when they are all hand-regged?

Never had that problem with hand reg names.. possible, but hard to believe, unless they're really good names. Dunno. I'd give them a call / email if it's been awhile.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it goes more than two days, it is usually because the previous owner had the domain at SEDO. I email support and ask them to check. They usually fix it within a day (excluding weekends).

rmnarmenta

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MAllie,
email: [email protected]
they always fix right away when i let them know this has happened.

aloha

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Monica. But I've been dealing with Sedo.co.uk, so I wonder if this will make a difference. I emailed Customer Service first thing yesterday and got an automated response, but so far nothing else. If I don't hear by the afternoon I'll email the address you gave. :)

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Before you add your domains to your Sedo profile, make sure that:

1. The whois-records are updated and correct. The owner/admin e-mail should preferably be the same as the e-mail your Sedo account is registered with.
2. The nameservers points to Sedo's nameservers (NS*.SEDOPARKING.COM)
3. Make sure that the domain is not already added to someone else's Sedo account. Search for them on Sedo before you add them.

If you make sure that these three steps are covered, your domains should be verified within seconds after adding. ;)

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks first to Monica - the email address you gave worked right away. I didn't hear from them, but when I logged in a few minutes ago the problem domains had been added to my list.

Then thanks to pcproffenno. I already do numbers 1 and 2, but in future will also do number 3 in your list. I hadn't realised until recently that some of my hand-regged domains might have been around the block before. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom