Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Namedive reduces balance totals

Status
Not open for further replies.

zojila

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This is the 5th time or so I noticed Namedrive reduce daily balance totals. I am so tired of their S%$#.

Today, like previous instances, my total slowed $3.19 for certain number of clicks and remained at that total after logging in and out 3 times or so. Now, after I logged in again after 2 hours, today's balance shows $2.49 for 60 clicks.

I am truly tired of this manipulation. If I do not get a satisfactory answer, Name Drive to me, is history...

I just hope, no one else is affected by this. Hence this post.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They funds were probably adjusted for fraudulent clicks. Better them do it now instead of right before payment is sent like others do.

webfreak

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're not referring to generic per region click totals (before the gray update bar highlights that day) are you?

zojila

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am referring to clicks across the board. I will get in touch with Name Drive. It is best to get an answer from them straight to clear any confusion. Although my stats observations are right, I may have over-reacted. An explanation from them will hopefully clear the air.

I will update this thread, when that happens.

Appreciate your posted thoughts.

hunnam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That happens to me with Adsense sometimes but the balance goes back to normal after a few hours.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is posted across the footer of the portfolio section of the site
Please note: The earnings on each click made on your domains are shown as a generic per-region value for the first 48 hours. Once we receive the exact earnings data from our advertising partner, the generic stats are updated to show the real click value. The last update date is shown in gray in your control panel. This process ensures that we can display the exact earnings made on your domains.

If not, I would like to know how this turns out.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
zojila : i while back i was wondering the same thing , however Ed explained it quite well to me ( hope i remember this right)

unlike sedo which pays a 'stiff amount for each keyword on a per region basis - ND pays you the actual revenue % that they get paid - so for the first 24 to 48 hours the clicks get automatically valued on a per region basis and then ( ...Drums...) ND gets the actual figures that google pays for this click and some are higher and some are lower - this also fluctuates on a per day basic - so natually ND adjusts each click to the actual payout and then they take this big old paint brush and mark that day gray on your screen.

( well that paint brush thing i added)

hope i got all this right ,but i'm sure that Ed is happy to correct me or explain it to you when he gets back here..

p.s.: these adjustments are usually a little disapointing , but if it happens every day ( like in my case) you get use to it.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Wolfis. That is pretty much the long and the short of it. This issue comes up from time to time and the answer is pretty simple.

As it says at the bottom of every stats page on the ND system, we show a generic click price for the first 24-48 hours after a click is made. This is because Google does not show realtime earnings stats for any of their partners and we are no different. However, we are the only PPC company to show you exactly what you earn with Google rather than a generic value based on 'historical data'. Our default PPC for the US is $0.11, so all US clicks are valued at that until we receive the real earnings data from Google. This default value is actually less than half our average PPC for the US across our whole system. We have chosen a conservative default PPC so that the cases where the PPC appears to 'drop' after the update is kept to a minimum. Unfortunately, if Google does then pay us less than $0.11 for the clicks, then the update amount will be lower than the amount originally shown.
As I've stressed before, this is simply updating a default amount, not reducing the earnings shown in your account. If you want to PM or email me your account ID, we'd be happy to have a look into whether we can get the PPC up on the account.

Hope you all have a good week.

Ed

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I though, no foul play only misunderstanding of the TOS.

I have seen this question/concern come up several times in the past.

Perhaps this thread or the question and answer should be a STICKY at the top of NameDrives subforum here.

might reduce the need to open the same type thread so often.

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
NameDriver said:
Thanks Wolfis. That is pretty much the long and the short of it. This issue comes up from time to time and the answer is pretty simple.

As it says at the bottom of every stats page on the ND system, we show a generic click price for the first 24-48 hours after a click is made. This is because Google does not show realtime earnings stats for any of their partners and we are no different. However, we are the only PPC company to show you exactly what you earn with Google rather than a generic value based on 'historical data'. Our default PPC for the US is $0.11, so all US clicks are valued at that until we receive the real earnings data from Google. This default value is actually less than half our average PPC for the US across our whole system. We have chosen a conservative default PPC so that the cases where the PPC appears to 'drop' after the update is kept to a minimum. Unfortunately, if Google does then pay us less than $0.11 for the clicks, then the update amount will be lower than the amount originally shown.
As I've stressed before, this is simply updating a default amount, not reducing the earnings shown in your account. If you want to PM or email me your account ID, we'd be happy to have a look into whether we can get the PPC up on the account.

Hope you all have a good week.

Ed

Nice explanation. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom