Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NameDrive Attack. Again. You will be fully compensated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On the twelfth day of Christmas...

Well, December anyway,

My true love gave to me...

Another server attack.

Since about 4am EST, we have been receiving batches of rogue requests to our servers for URLs such as @@@$$///!!.20232.343.%%&& (significantly better than some of my domains). These are clogging the system massively and are being sustained on a malicious basis. We block a batch of IPs another batch come up, etc.

We're really beginning to get a bit bored of people who think they can knock us out of the market this way. We are also beginning to think that these two attacks that we have sustained in the last 3 months have been launched from market insiders rather than bored teenagers as nobody else stands to gain anything from doing so and we will fully investigate the matter - including the information that we found out from the last attack.

At any rate, we are the ones who end up looking like the bad guys but we can assure you that you should look forward to these attacks more than anything else, because you really do get money for absolutely nothing. The last time we were attacked, we had very little data on which to base any compensation. This time, we have a lot of statistical data on which to judge compensation, of which you will receive plenty - in fact we are inclined to over-compensate in this matter.
Please don't panic-move your domains away as this is exactly what these idiots are trying to achieve and you really will not lose anything as a result of these attacks.

I can only apologise profusely and hope that we can get things up as quickly as humanly possible. Our tech guys and server guys are working overtime to knock this thing on the head and we are 100% better prepared for this than when it happened in September.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. You will be compensated, you will not lose a penny through this attack.

Ed

P.S. I might just add that for those of you who remember the attack in September, this one isn't nearly as fatal to your pages. Our main concern is to make sure that your parking pages function properly and they are not as 'dead' as thy were in September. In fact, the large majority of requests are being processed, albeit slowly in some cases. Luckily, we detected the attack very early - one of the advantages of working pretty much 24 hours a day
We therefore expect the impact on earnings to be slight but we will make sure that none of you feel the pinch.

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its unfortunate that attacks like this seem to be the trend in the parking industry, Thanks for the update on the situation though

bbakes25

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
Is this also why payments have not been made :-(

I beleive that the payment time has changed from the 10th to the 15th of the month now as of last month. So payments aren't late yet

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi NS, good to see you're back.

You can see that we changed our Payout date here:
http://www.dnforum.com/f222/namedrive-payout-123286.html

If you were able to log into your account and these people weren't sending tons of rogue requests, I suppose you'd be able to see that it says 'December 15th' Despite that being there, we're going to send most PayPal out tomorrow :)

Ed

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Ed. I am sure your tech staff will handle it in a very short time and you will be able to investigate the origination of those attacks thoroughly.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Ed, I didn't even notice this, except for the fact earnings were unusually down. It's great to know that you will be compensating us. Competition is the best thing for all markets. Keep up the good work.

Premiumhosted

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ed for the information, I checked my ND account just a few moments ago and I almost fainted and thought my domains were "dead". Heh!

Very informative email and there is no way I would leave your company! Your service/support/optimization/payouts are high class and its privilege to be with your company.

Look forward to payment,

Jarrod

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks very much for your support.

The beasts have been repelled. We can only hope they stay away.

... and two come along at once.

To celebrate being up - and to introduce something that we were hoping to do amid calmer waters yesterday - our new affiliate program is up. It is on a tier level, so the more you refer, the more cash you get. Getting started is very easy - just log into your account, click on the 'my affiliates' tab and click "Start one now". Sorry it's taken so long, I know we've been promising one for a long time.

Also launched yesterday is our new Park & Sell campaign. We have qualified buyers who will buy your traffic once it has been parked and checked by us. Have a look on the homepage to find out more.

Have fun, thank you for your support through the attack yesterday. Now the fun part of dishing out cash for nothing. Well our original banner did say 'get you money for nothing'...

Ed

marly

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Despite this little hicup with attacks, I must say NameDrive is Kicking Ass at the moment. I tried all the other PPC companies under the sun and now I settled for ND. My revenue has increased greatly. I just hope it lasts.

The Park & Sell campaign is a wonderful idea. The proof is in the pudding thats how I see this campaign when buying and selling domains.

I hope these jealous people find something else to with their time, other than try to wreck a good thing.

Cheers

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its great to see you guys ontop of things, keep up the great work!

and about your new affiliate program, have you added the refearls you said you were going to write down and add manually?

Please let me know,
Andrew Shaw

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Andrew,

We have always added referral revenue onto payout revenue in the past. Now that the tech guys have set up the affiliate program, we will be able to put them into your affiliate program so that you can track the stats. This may take a week or so to carry out, but it will make it clearer to see how your affiliates are doing.

Best regards,

Ed

IMPERYAL

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Ed how can we tell if we recieved any compensation I might be jumping the gun but I got a few clicks on the 11th and 12th that were in the $3-4 range was wondering if those were real or inflated for compensation.

Imperyal

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Thanks for alll the great support guys. We haven't done any compensation yet. It will come, rest assured. The 3-4$ clicks must be normal in that case :)

It turns out that we didn't actually lose as many clicks as we'd feared. We were at no point 'down', just slow. We'll make sure that no-one feels hard done by.

Thanks again for the support. An own ND forum...

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom