Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NameDrive Improvement - headers, subcategories...

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today i was optimizing my keywords on ND when i found a new addition: subcategories and headers. Anyway I don't see any changes in my landing pages with this additional optimization - anyone knows more about this?

It seems that landing pages of domains "tuned" with this new tools become grey - is there something that I didn't get?

:)

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

We've implemented quite a lot of cool stuff in the last couple of weeks. My favourite being the ability to see views, CTR and PPC when optimizing domains which makes it a doddle.

I'll hold back on the positive stuff for now as I've just upgraded ND's status on here, so hopefully we can be pro-ND on this board in the near future.

I will say something negative quickly. Namely that we have implemented the new header selection drop down. However, something seems to have gone a little awry and any changes made do set the header to the standard grey one. Any existing settings are not affected. It will be rectified very shortly.

I will soon be posting an optimization FAQ and we will have a 'how to' on the page so that people can fully get to grips with our optimization - ranging from the 'lazyman' solution to the 'manic optimizer' solution.

Laters,

Ed

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If these new improvements are the beginning of new additions and not the end, I think that NameDrive deserves his own board, i don't think this will affect ParkingSite position's in any way.

P.S.: Please fix the grey headers as soon as you can!!

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can I make a suggestion about the "for sale" tags on the top of the pages?

I would think it a good Idea to change it to something like "inquire about this Domain" instead. Conveys the same message and would help reduce the legal risk on some domains where someone could claim "bad faith" by offering them for sale.

my 2¢

btw ed good to meet you in Florida...

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I totally agree, smart suggestion. ND, please DO it!

-netPH-

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
izoot said:

I would think it a good Idea to change it to something like "inquire about this Domain" instead. Conveys the same message and would help reduce the legal risk on some domains where someone could claim "bad faith" by offering them for sale.

my 2¢

Brilliant thinking!

BTW Namedriver, how's the plans for the opt-popunder CPM feature? Any considerations about it?

Yojimbo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"...which makes it a doddle"

What the heck is a "doddle" ???

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lots of questions, lots of answers:

izoot said:

my 2¢

Good to meet you too. The first person I met at the whole conference - even before the pretty DirectNic girls. Thanks for your feedback.
I'll get this changed asap as it's obviously something people are keen on. I'm only a little concerned that it may eat away at CTR, but we can see. I would say it'd be a doddle for tech to change it but I might get questioned again :)

or could it be considered that you have the forsale link to go to our own for sale site...

Considered? Pah, you've been able to do that since day one. Send me an email with the link you want it to go to. We can even send it to the sales page for that specific domain (www.namestrands-sells-his-names.com/scotlandthebrave.com)

BTW Namedriver, how's the plans for the opt-popunder CPM feature? Any considerations about it?

On the way. I still can't give you an ETA, but I had interesting talks with people in Delray about this. The hardest thing on our side is how to display the earnings as part of our system in your accounts, but it is still on our loong list of things to do.

What the heck is a "doddle" ???

Had a quick look on dictionary.com just to check that I wasn't going mad...

1. doddle
n : an easy task

:cheeky:

Ed

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
or could it be considered that you have the forsale link to go to our own for sale site...

The link would be great, I agree on that addition ( it would also be nice to be able to add a banner as well) .. BUT the issue for me here is the verbage.

Stating "This Domain is for Sale by Owner" could be considered "bad Faith" in some cases of "risky" names and in cases where companies wanting to bullie you fpr a domain they desire and don't want to pay for ( any excuse is good enough for them to play games in some cases ) ... also you may not be interested in selling yet are willing to recieve offers.

< oops didn't scroll down to see that Ed addressed this before I posted :) >

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cool.. will email you about the sales link has given me a good incentive to get a proper domain showcase and sales platform developed. But I will use real search engine stats and not that fake URLtrends...

Ok next request.. an API XML feed to my domain stats and maybe the option of putting a 200x90 logo on the parked page.. that links to a site of my choice.. lol.. consider the back links hmmmm

Mayur

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The new headers just make NameDrive better. I optimized some of my domains and really they look very very apealing. Keep up the work NameDrive

Mayur

Yojimbo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have to admit, I have names parked at numerous PPC's and move them around until they perform the best and Namedrive really seems to have the best page layout. ParkingSite looked to have a good layout as well but I don't have any names there yet so Im not totally familiar with them. But, Namedrive's keyword optimization and page layout seem to be much better than Fab, DS, or Sedo. DS is annoying because they throw so many unrelated links on the page and it starts to look closer to a portal than an optimized page. Sedo's layout is getting stale and Fab just doesn't seem to perform well with many keywords.

I just moved a name to Namedrive from Fab that was generating just under a dollar a day and had generated about the same at DS and now it's making around $4 a day and climbing. I believe it's mainly due to the page layout and number of well worded relevant links on the page. Of course, that's only one domain so there is more experimentation that will have to occur before any definite conclusion can be reached but Namedrive looks pretty good so far.

However, with regard to Namedrive, I'm not sure what use it is displaying revenue stat options for "Today" and "Yesterday" in the Namedrive interface when those numbers take two to three days to actually normalize and become accurate. I would rather see options for "adjusted revenue" two days back and three days back or something that distinguishes "normalized" revenue from non-normalized revenue so I know if it's occured or not. I also can't figure out how to look at total portfolio revenue for each individual day going back for say a month. But, those are fairly minor issues.

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
moved 80% of my portfolio there
Doing quite good, but i expect more in a short timeline
(curious to see how ND will deal with SedoPro, otherwise let's go back to Sedo)
Anyway i like ND because has a "personal touch" with their users, i hope it's not because they just started...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom