Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NameDrive newbie account suspended. What did I do wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myalias

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My NameDrive account has been suspended and here is the reason I was given:
"Your account was suspended because the traffic was in breach of our terms and conditions. We only allow type in traffic and traffic from existing search engine sources. Analysis showed signs of self-clicking. We are obliged to protect Google's advertisers wherever possible and therefor suspended your account. Due to our relationship with Google we must be very firm when it comes to any breach of our terms of service.
Our review of the traffic showed an abnormal traffic pattern. This was evident in the 100% CTR on several days, several days with an identical number of clicks/valid clicks and the fluctuating number of clicks."​

First of all, let me say that if I had clicked on my own ads, I'd totally agree that it'd be cheating and deserving of the boot.
Further more, I've only got good things to say about NameDrive (they've always being friendly and quickly returned my emails) and I don't believe that they would be risking their good reputation in order not to pay me a few $.
So, I must have done something wrong, I just don't know what...

Here is what I know:
- I did not click on my own ads
- I told several people about my sites, but only suggesting to use them to do searches relevant to the domain names. I never asked anyone to click on anything just for the sake of it (again, that'd be cheating)
- I know of at least one person who used it to look up something (he complained to me of an ad-on making IE crash - even though I didn't have pop-up)
- There was very little traffic. I can't see the stats anymore, but for this month I seem to remember there was only 7 views / 0 clicks on one site and 2 views / 0 clicks on the other (that one never had any click)
- There were few clicks on the one site that ever had any, with many days without any traffic
- Recently, the stats showed a lot (30 something) of searches that were not related to any of the keywords (still can't figure out where they came from)

I'm sad to be kicked out of NameDrive and I really would like to understand where I went wrong. I've had these two sites for months before hearing there was something called "site parking", so I'm obviously not a pro at this.

I'll very much appreciate any suggestion. Thank you very much.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if u didnt do anything wrong then simply move on
there are very good parking providers out there. Dont get frustrated that one kicked you out for nothing.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
simon said:
there are very good parking providers out there. Dont get frustrated that one kicked you out for nothing.

But clearly any parking program would do the same if they found your were getting 100% Click Throughs and abnormal traffic patterns, and no NameDrive would not risk their reputation without just cause.

Unfortuntely ignorance is not an excuse and clearly based on your comments one would suspect that you were part of a click group where you would click on each others ads.

Were the domains anything special that would make them get a 100% ClickThrough Rate? or were they 64 letter .infos?

I told several people about my sites, but only suggesting to use them to do searches relevant to the domain names. I never asked anyone to click on anything just for the sake of it (again, that'd be cheating)

out of interest why would you be telling people about your parked websites and asking them to do searches on them, if that is not fraud then what is?

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sounds very tricky and suspicious also. ND would not ban you without a good reason (judging from a number of similar cases discussed in this forum in the recent past) and if you're involved in a racket of self-clicking then your worries are unfounded since you're the cause of your own problems.
good luck to find another park.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this is your problem right here , traffic must be natural or search engine produced.

"I told several people about my sites, but only suggesting to use them to do searches relevant to the domain names. I never asked anyone to click on anything just for the sake of it (again, that'd be cheating)"

Myalias

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guys, guys ... I'm not blaming NameDrive. I thought I made it clear I think it's a good company. They're right to be vigilant and weed out the bad apples. I'm only trying to figure out what I did wrong so I don't do it again.

That being said, thank you for all the responses.

Now, I can assure you that I am not part of any "self-clicking racket". In fact, no one I mentionned my sites to even owns any domain.
I don't think I was clear when I said I told about my sites, though. I meant I said something like "I've got this site, look it up if you need to do a search", a bit like adding a link to one's site at the bottom of a post. Was it wrong? If so, I didn't realize it would be and I apologize.

As for the 100% CTR, I think that's because there were days with only 1 view / 1 click. As I said, there was very little traffic...

Thank you for the help.

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes you were wrong, its not allowed to advertise parked websites. It can only be expired or type-in traffic.

You broke TOS, your acc was terminated. Sorry.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Myalias said:
Guys, guys ... I'm not blaming NameDrive. I thought I made it clear I think it's a good company. They're right to be vigilant and weed out the bad apples. I'm only trying to figure out what I did wrong so I don't do it again.

That being said, thank you for all the responses.

Now, I can assure you that I am not part of any "self-clicking racket". In fact, no one I mentionned my sites to even owns any domain.
I don't think I was clear when I said I told about my sites, though. I meant I said something like "I've got this site, look it up if you need to do a search", a bit like adding a link to one's site at the bottom of a post. Was it wrong? If so, I didn't realize it would be and I apologize.

As for the 100% CTR, I think that's because there were days with only 1 view / 1 click. As I said, there was very little traffic...

Thank you for the help.

Telling people to do searches on your parked pages is what you did wrong from what you have said, however I am sure their is more to it as people tend to leave out other important issues.

Also putting a link to a parking page at the bottom of a post is also against most parking programs TOS.. perhaps you should print out the Terms of Service lock yourself in the bathroom and have a good think and a read and then you come back and tell us what you did wrong.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
simon said:

seems like you broke their TOS.

Myalias

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification. I thought I had read somewhere that you should promote your sites. I guess I should have read the TOS more carefully. I only got what I deserve.

Thank you all.

kumawat

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

I am facing a problem. i have many domains but on 2 domains i am getting unusual traffic from 3 weeks. all most daily similar number of traffic on domain BUT There is hardly click on any advertisement. how to stop such unwanted traffic on domains. i have fear that in future namedrive or other parking site may block my domains.

Pls suggest me how to handel or to avoid such situation

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kumawat said:
Hi folks

I am facing a problem. i have many domains but on 2 domains i am getting unusual traffic from 3 weeks. all most daily similar number of traffic on domain BUT There is hardly click on any advertisement. how to stop such unwanted traffic on domains. i have fear that in future namedrive or other parking site may block my domains.

Email Namedrive and explain the situation...

McDot

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kumawat said:
Hi folks

This is the kind of pattern you find when search engine crawlers get interested in your site. The count as visitors, but obviously don't produce a click.

I had a site at Sedo, that suddenly increased views from about 2 / 5 daily to about 50 daily. No clicks whatsoever. Since Sedo couldn't help me, I took the site to my own web hosting and started recording the Traffic. Nearly all of it came from the Yahoo crawlers.

However, this kind of non clicking traffic will not bother the parking industry.

Good luck

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why not host the domain yourself and filter out all the crap traffic before you send it to NameDrive?

If it is search engine traffic then you have nothing to worry about as ND can see where the traffic is coming from.

You will only get banned for un-natural traffic sources.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Doesn't sound much like click fraud to me. I think maybe were going a little too far in this witch hunt.

The real problem is probably that you have only a couple domains with only a few visitors per month. These small numbers will create statistical abnormalities from time to time. If you had 100 domains and 100,000 visitors per month, everything would even out. But with 2 domains and 40 visitors per month, there will be weeks when you have no clicks and there will be weeks when you have 100% clickthrough. The parking companies should be able to figure this out but they may be operating off a set guideline/program that doesn't take the "population size" into account when looking for statistcal abnormalities.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Pardon, my ignorance. What do you mean? I don't get it. :spit:

joy3g said:
godbay at well

fung1990

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nothing can do
my account suspended too.
i asked namedrive, he said park with other site

Samuel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is the kind of pattern you find when search engine crawlers get interested in your site. The count as visitors, but obviously don't produce a click.

I had a site at Sedo, that suddenly increased views from about 2 / 5 daily to about 50 daily. No clicks whatsoever. Since Sedo couldn't help me, I took the site to my own web hosting and started recording the Traffic. Nearly all of it came from the Yahoo crawlers.

However, this kind of non clicking traffic will not bother the parking industry.

Good luck

Agree. I have seen that on couple of my domains and was wondering what's going on. I draw attention of my account manager too.

Sam

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
one would think that parking programs do not record bot traffic like search spiders as they are not a true page load and therefore not relevant to the stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom