Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Namedrive pros and cons

Status
Not open for further replies.

netfleet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Overall I really like ND and thought I'd sum up what I like and what I feel could be some improvement:

Pros:

• Importing domains really easy
  • Ability to use keywords for each domain
  • Simple to use interface
  • Prompt payment of cheques
  • Good stats (showing the search terms in the search box has enabled me to make some great changes)

Cons:

• Could do with some more templates and categories. There seem to be some big ones missing (I can't think what off the top of my head but when I am adding domains I often find myself surprised that no category/template exists)
  • Can't change the page size permanently (it always defaults back to 25 upon refreshing)
  • No area for 'free text'. In fact I don't think any parking companies do this but I think it would be an excellent feature. EG a domain that could have a potential TM issue, the ability to write a quick disclaimer stating the lack fo relatioship to the TM holder etc...
  • No "all time" option on stats (yeah that's a bit picky but should be easy to remedy)
  • CPC seem low but probably not moreso than other companies. I just see such a massive differential between what I pay on adwords and receive on PPC (after taking out Google/Yahoo and ND cuts)

Cheers

dave

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there Dave,

Thanks very much for that. Plenty to comment on. Hopefully, we can turn some of the cons into pros and add some more pros along the way...

On the cons:
Could do with some more templates and categories. There seem to be some big ones missing (I can't think what off the top of my head but when I am adding domains I often find myself surprised that no category/template exists)

We have over 260 categories, so I think we have most things covered. If there are any you do notice are missing, please PM or mail me and I'll see to getting them up. I appreciate we don't have a template for every sector, but we are coming up with more of those soon.

Can't change the page size permanently (it always defaults back to 25 upon refreshing)
We will soon be offering a preferences section where you can set stuff like page size. While on the topic, several people have asked why they can't set the number of domains on the settings page to more than 25. This is simply because that page is very load-heavy and setting it to more than 25 would cause a big strain on the system, so this won't be changing any time soon.

No area for 'free text'. In fact I don't think any parking companies do this but I think it would be an excellent feature. EG a domain that could have a potential TM issue, the ability to write a quick disclaimer stating the lack fo relatioship to the TM holder etc...
As spending time on this board will show, there are a large number of people out there trying to game the system. Luckily, they are in the minority on DNF, but in the parking world, there are a huge number of people who will take advantage of any carrot given to them. We are therefore forbidden to allow any free text on the page by Google, which is why we don't offer it. We have thought of several ways we can do it, but have no real solution for now. However, we are always looking to protect any names you have. If you have TM issues, then we will be happy to put up a custom disclaimer for you.

No "all time" option on stats (yeah that's a bit picky but should be easy to remedy)
As mentioned yesterday, we should have monthly stats up this week. They are on the test DB already.

CPC seem low but probably not moreso than other companies. I just see such a massive differential between what I pay on adwords and receive on PPC (after taking out Google/Yahoo and ND cuts)

The difference between what we pay on AdWords and what is paid out by Google is often a topic for discussion here. We do pay out a high percentage of exactly the earnings which Google displays to us for a domain and the amount does vary on the Google system. We have always paid a high percentage and will continue to do so. The hope is that Google don''t take too much of the pie.

Thanks very much for the feedback, it's always good to know where we can improve.

Ed
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom