Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NameDrive Question & Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Question
Please provide feedback on which template produces the most clickthrus for your domains. If NameDrive has stats on this, I would sure love to hear it.

Suggestion
The ability to change the way the domain name is displayed on the web page header would be nice. For example: It would be great to see "My Website" instead of "Mywebsite.com" in the header. This would be particularly handy for typo domains.

Thanks

Domain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry, didnt see that. Glad others feel the same.

Lets hope NameDrive will offer this new feature and give us feedback on the templates that produce better clickthru rates.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personaly, I think that the Canvas is the best, but I have only tried a few...

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Sorry I haven't replied to this earlier. Here's a brief rundown, although it's impossible to say for sure on all, it's good to try and see. Here are some basic guidelines:
- Default: This has been our staple page for the last 7 months, performs very well for many different types of names, however, on smaller resolution screens, it has the problem that long domain names sometimes eat into the image.
- Basic 1 & 2: I'll put both of these together because they essentially perform for the same types of names. We find basic 2 works very well with US traffic in particular, Europeans tend to like a more colourful approach. We find this template works well on low-CTR domains to boost the click rate.
- JSX. The attractiveness of it (especially as a portal) lends itself very well to animation, fun, toys, kids, female-orientated domains.
- Canvas: particularly good for longer domains as the name is away from the image, so no crossover there. Obviously, if your domain is http://www.llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.co.uk/, there may be issues with any template you use.
- Search Box: Two more on the way shortly. Good for expired traffic, good for finding out what people are looking for. Use the search box for a week, find what seraches you're getting and then you can optimize for that.

I hope this helps clear things up a bit. We have tested these extensively and found these results, but I'd be interested in seeing if you have any yourselves.

As far as adding your own domain name to the page, we are looking into this.

Ed

Domain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameDriver, thanks for the response on the templates.

Regarding the ability to customize the domain title:
This would be a huge improvement if you could implement it. It would also solve the "longer domains" issue you spoke of in your post.

Many thanks!

Talkhost

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have found the searchbox to be really good for domains that I was previously unable to monetise. 1 domain for example is lagendagroup.com It has always got a little traffic but never made money (cos I didn't know what keyword to use). Since changing to the searchbox on namedrive the CTR is about 40% - 50% and with the namedrive stats I now know what visitors are looking for :) So if I change from searchbox I can set the right keyword now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom