Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NameDrive Trafic

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bot Traffic on NameDrive:
As discussed on some forums and with individual customers, we have noticed that there has recently been a significant rise in bot traffic on certain domains in our system. To maintain the integrity of our traffic stats, we have taken the decision to clamp down on traffic of this nature. We have analysed the data over recent weeks and have found that a fair amount of traffic passing through our system is simply 'noise' and not real traffic at all. In some cases, as much as 50% of the traffic on some domains was coming from just one bot. We will therefore no longer be counting any traffic in the member area which shows bot patterns.

Now the important bit:
This ONLY affects the traffic numbers displayed in the member area. While we are convinced that it is 99.9% unlikely we will ignore a real visitor, we will continue to report all clicks. This means that your earnings will not be affected in any way. Your traffic stats in the member area will now simply be showing a much more accurate picture of the number of real, human visitors to your domains while excluding bots, spam and other undesirables.
This will mainly affect domains with North American and Asian traffic as these are the types of traffic most 'infected' with bots. European traffic will be largely unaffected. It is therefore likely that you will see a drop in traffic, a rise in CTR and a rise in RPM (as the real traffic will no longer be diluted by bot views).

We have taken these measures to give you a more accurate representation of who is going to your domains and what they are doing on there. It will hopefully lead to more transparent, stable and reliable traffic stats.

Please feel free to PM me or email me if you have any questions.

Ed

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
good , about time, I knew my stats were inflated in some way on certain domains, also I made some purchases from namedrive stats and moved the domains to our own server for a bit and the actual visitors were 1/4 of what was supposed to be there, so I way overpaid for the domains, hopefully this is corrected now , thanks Ed.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there Searchsix, sorry that you overpaid for the domains in question. As mentioned, the actual revenue will not be affected, you will continue to see the same number of clicks and the traffic revenue value of your names will not be affected, but we realised that we needed to reflect the real traffic more accurately.
We just wanted to explain why many of you will find your traffic lower than previously.

Ed

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just a general question that maybe some other new NameDrive members could benefit from also.

I just received my first day's stats. Yesterday they showed .11 for every click. Then when they were adjusted today they show .02 for every single click. Was each click really worth exactly .02 as the after-adjustment indicates. The day (yesterday) has a grey bar so it should be final correct? I'm just wondering if .02 is the exact earnings for every one of my clicks. I figured the amounts would vary some.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

This is a mixture of two things. One of them standard, one of them a freak occurrence.
We show a standard 11 cent click for every North American click made on our system until we receive the revenue data from Google 24 hours later. We then update the generic revenue we originally display with the real Google data. Our actual average US PPC is far higher than the 11 cents generic we display.
That is a general note on how our PPC stats work.
Now the freak occurrence. The irony is not lost on us.
On the day we introduced our new bot-tracking techniques, some of our domains got hit by one of the most aggressive spiders we've seen. It went to several domains in our system, viewed them once, clicked them once and then left again. This was an extremely cunningly-disguised spider coming from a good many IP addresses and took some time to catch. As a result, these clicks were reduced to $0.02 as they were identified as coming from a non-human source. I'm willing to bet that every one of those clicks you got yesterday were views: 1, CTR: 100% and PPC 0.02, right?
This spider decided to keep mainly to IDN domains, but did also hit some other domains in our system.
The one good thing is that it is effectively non-existent money which you are getting paid out :)

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Ed

chumba

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, Ed. I knew some of my domains were bringing in much more traffic than traditionally. Levels are back to where they should be.

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Ed,

You mentioned European traffic would be largely unaffected,but I've noticed my .ES stats have dipped by half or more since you implemented this feature.Not just uniques,but revenue too.At first I thought maybe it was just a holiday in Spain or something causing the dip,but I noticed the few .ES I have parked at other places were normal the last few days.
It seems something's a little off kilter,many of my .ES names have big OVT with extension scores and wouldn't just drop in traffic by half+.
Again,maybe it could just be the Easter holiday causing a major slowdown,I'll see how things look on Monday.

Premiumhosted

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have noticed this as well especially from my .es domains. My one domain that usually gets anywhere from 700-800 uniques a day only got 360 yesterday.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Do send me your domains in question and I'll gladly have a look at them. We haven't seen a massive drop off in Spanish traffic across our system. We have a few very large Spanish accounts and they are not showing any signs of 'damage'. Having lived in Spain, I do know for a fact that Easter is a very, very important festival there with a lot of outdoor events and it is very likely that the large decrease in traffic and clicks is down to this. As mentioned in my first post, we continue to count all clicks, so it would certainly seem that this is more down to user behaviour than our system.

Like I say, we'll gladly look into any specific .es domains for you if you are concerned.

Hope you have a good bank holiday wherever you are.

Ed

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Ed.Apparently people in Spain started celebrating Easter on Thursday and didn't stop until today :party: .All my .ES took a dive that just happened to coincide with your new bot feature,but that had nothing to do with it.
Everything seems back to normal on the .ES front for me now.Thanks for the always fantastic customer service :clap2:

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear things are looking OK again. Have you seen Spain at Easter time? Fantastic. They have a giant Donut in the middle of the town where I was 5 years ago.
Not all bad then.

Ed

Premiumhosted

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would also like to confirm that my traffic is back to normal and it must of been those crazy spanish people partying for easter :)

Thanks Ed for great service and support as always!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom