Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Namejet changed its mind ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently used the Bulk Add feature to add a list of domains that are about to expire to my backorders. NJ explains us how this tool works :

Backorder multiple domains at once. All names will be entered with their respective minimum bids (currently $29 and $69) unless you specify otherwise.

Like I always do I did not specify my minimum bids, so some of the names entered my list with a bid of $69 and some of them apparently had a bid of $29.

This morning , for one of the $29 names I got the following email notification:

We are happy to inform you that a domain name you Backordered as a Wish List item is about to become available and is entering a Pre-Release status.

HOWEVER, your bid of $29.00 does not meet the minimum bid for this domain of $69.00.

Domain Name: ................com

To participate in this auction, you must raise your bid to at least the minimum bid amount by Feb 26, 2009.

How absurd is that? When I backorder and NJ tells me the minimum price to acquire this name is $29 in fact they make me a offer to sell to me for $29 if they can catch the domain and no-one else is interested. I accepted it by entering the domain on my backorder list. In my opinion that's an agreement. How can they more than double the price just a week later?

BTW It appears to me that I am the only person having this domain on backorder ... If thats true I think they should deliver for $29.

From their knowledgebase:
Minimum bid amounts vary by domain name and sponsoring registrar minimums; therefore we do not know what they will be until the domain name is available as a pre-release backorder.

They knew the current registrar (NetSol) and they knew the domain and that normally does not change for domains in redemption so there is imo no reason for a pricechange.

Last edited:

EG.domains

GenericDomainMarket.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never won a domain with NameJet $29 backorder and they always send me same email as above. Most of domains I was the only bidder.

I think it's just another NameJet trick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom