Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Namejet & Netsol Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

themew

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is a domain dropping on Network Solutions in November so I put in a backorder with Namejet for the domain.

Question -- Since it is registered on Netsol, what are the chances of getting this domain if it isn't renewed??

I can't see backordering it on another site if it's a Netsol name.

Or am I wrong?? And if so, what is the best way to get a dropped name reg'd at Netsol?

Also, does it automatically go to auction if I am the only one to backorder it? According to their site, it shouldn't... but from reading the posts here it's unclear.

Domain Days 2024

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the domain shows up as Prerelease, Namejet will get the domain. Not sure about Pending Delete domains.

If you are the only bidder you will get the domain, but beware Reverse Snipers, who scan Namejet backorder lists and place bids just before backorder deadline.

Also Namejet has different prices for domains, you may be able to backorder for $29. You have to make sure what the starting price is. I recently backordered a domain for just $29 and some idiot entered $69 bid just before the deadline. Way to jack up the price! Alot of idiots on Namejet.

rajs1ngh

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it is going to drop then all registrars (drop catchers) will have almost equal chances to catch the name (if its not premium). So, its better to backorder the name at pool, GD and snapnames also. But, if its a good domain, and namejet release it as PreRelease name (Coz it has exclusive contract with NetSol), and if there are more than 1 person, interested in this name, it will go to a private auction and the highest bidder will get it.

Anyway, wishing u all the best to acquire the name

themew

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info -- hopefully others will learn from this thread as well.

Question -- when the name expires on Netsol, they have a window they give the domain holder to renew the domain, say 30 days. That times goes by and the domain is then showing a PENDING DELETE from what I can see will happen. So, will my $29 fee to Namejet automatically get me the domain OR will it be advertised in all the Namejet emails so there are several people grabbing at this domain?

Also, is it possible to contact someone at Netsol or Namejet to hire as a broker to get the domain? I've got a premium reg'd there since 1995 and would hope someone there could make the grab for me... or am I way off base here when it comes to dropped domains?

BTW, the nameservers on the domain were never updated and point to 1.1.1.1 -- will this help me?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom