Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Namejet new type of sniping bidders

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This has to be one of the most annoying things, even worse than last minute bidding snipers!

Just added a bunch of backorders to namejet, had two names I was getting with no other bidders. At the last second someone added a bid to each of them :upset:

Namejet has a deadline for prerelease names. They also make lists available of every domain that you bid on. :rolleyes:

Domain Days 2024

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get that all the time.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I backorder there 1-2 minutes before deadline....

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Question, who goes to auction? Is it, everyone that has bid on a name? Or a top percentage of the bidders?

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Question, who goes to auction? Is it, everyone that has bid on a name? Or a top percentage of the bidders?
From what I understand, anyone who places a bid before the cutoff. But Yofie did have a problem where he placed a backorder for domainoutlet.com and he ended up not being in the auction.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Everyone that bids enters auction, even if there is 50+ bidders you can enter the minimum bid to enter auction.

Namejet has a few major issues with their auction I think need to be fixed. Including the early deadline for backorders, also you can not remove a backorder once it is entered. You used to be able to remove a bid after you bid on a domain if it wasn't Prerelease.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never though I'd be saying this but I really miss snapnames being in control of the netsol names....I just can't stand namejet.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never though I'd be saying this but I really miss snapnames being in control of the netsol names....I just can't stand namejet.
Same here, although it seems Namejet was able to attract lot of newbies as bidders, I see lot of bidders which I never heard of before and do not see them on Snapnames. Although it might be Namejet shillbidders...

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, anyone who places a bid before the cutoff. But Yofie did have a problem where he placed a backorder for domainoutlet.com and he ended up not being in the auction.
Plus they never replied to my email question.... Them dirty Bastar.... :upset:

Sometimes I like it when you can see if there are back orders, sometimes not (when I want to bid) lol

I miss Snap as well... NetSol Go Back!!!! *wakes up from dream*

Number of domains won at NameJet: 0 lol

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I won several at Namejet. It all comes down to how much you're willing to pay. E.g. Frank Schilling took home ceras.com for about $1,700 last week.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It all comes down to how much you're willing to pay.

This is an accurate statement.

The days of getting the $60 decent (but not great) domain names that are enduser friendly....are gone. Now all those names have people bidding them up to the $200 range and then they just drop off. I have won 3 name since name jet has come out...I think I would win 3 a day on snap...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'd rather bid among savvy bidders than have people like halvarez exploit Snapnames and blanket bid across every single auction that has a bid already.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've spent tens of thousands at snap..but zero at namejet so far. So many disadvantages and the bids have gone up significantly it seems. My main gripes are showing the backorders and having the auctions all end at different times. It wouldn't be bad if they were 15 minutes apart but they are like an hour apart. Hard to keep track of.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have won a few names when Namejet started. Recently there is much less chance of paying decent prices.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The days of getting the $60 decent (but not great) domain names that are enduser friendly....are gone.
Actually I still get some nice domains at snap from time to time and without competition but it's the pure drops.
Snap is a refreshing experience compared to the mess of namejet.

Not that I would expect wonders from a netsol-enom partnership either... :yes:

Illuminosity

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I too have noticed a sharp rise in winning bid prices just since late 2007. NameJet, despite all of its critics, must be gaining in popularity.

dejavu

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone come across codenames Homer or Canada in Namejet? If so, know who they are?

ludacwisp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Part of the problem with Namejet is that with their system, once a domain hits the front page, the amount of bidders immediately skyrockets. Reasons for it hitting the front page include early backordering, very high backordering prices (obviously), and their slackass dictionary parsing engine.

However, with a lot of the new services out that parse NameJet names specifically (like mine), its hard to get excited about an auction where you are the only bidder until the deal is completely sealed. My tool parses namejet lists on a daily basis and gives users the optimal names from the parsed listed (dictionary word combos, pagerank, domain age, etc).

Because the lists I sell are only 2-3 days in advance, a lot of people who get their insider information tend to join auctions last minute.

Just my two cents and a shameless plus as well ;)

- Do not post to promote your service in this section -

Last edited by a moderator:

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom