Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

NameJet Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_socal2000

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am looking at Namejet and following some auctions and not sure I understand what I am seeing so I am looking for help. Here is an example of a listing I was looking at for the domain shoegeek.com

http://www.namejet.com/Pages/Auctions/BackorderDetails.aspx?domainname=shoegeek.com&cat=

High Bid:$121 USD Reserve AuctionClosing Time: <input id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_hdnEndDate" name="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$hdnEndDate" value="Jan. 1, 2013 8:00 PM" type="hidden">
Type: Pre-Release
Your Last Bid: $0 USD
Bid History: 72 bids

Does this mean that the high bidder now owns the domain for $121?

If so, I am a little puzzled because there were 72 bids or bidders and it started with an opening bid of $59 or $69. If there are so many bidders, why did it go for just $121? When I first looked at the listing, I assumed that the domain would sell for much more based on the number of bidders who signed up. Can you elaborate on this for me, please?

Domain summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need to check if the reserve was met. The high bidder may not win the domain otherwise.

Right now I am the sole bidder in an auction at NJ, having placed the only backorder. The reserve is not met, but the amount/range is undisclosed. Annoying.
I don't feel like I am going to increase my bid.

joe_socal2000

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, will start a 3 days private auction (72 people) and the highest bid so far is $121.
The name could sell for much more.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. If the opening bid is $69 and the mere fact that two or more people are placing a backorder on the domain....what is the point of even bidding at all let alone up to $121?

varlov

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If noone bids higher, the name will go to the bidder with $121 bid. (if there is no a reserve price)

Thank you for taking the time to reply. If the opening bid is $69 and the mere fact that two or more people are placing a backorder on the domain....what is the point of even bidding at all let alone up to $121?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators