Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Namejet Re-Auction --- a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received the email below today, but when you think about it, it makes no sense.

If the problem is that other bidder had an extra hour to bid against me, then how is that problem SOLVED by giving them THREE MORE DAYS to bid against me???

A more logical resolution would be to invalidate any bids that came in after the auction should have closed.

=================
Dear NameJet Client:

Due to a server time issue related to daylight savings rules, a few auctions on October 26th were closed after the published closing time. If you are receiving this email, you were a participant in one or more of these auctions which allowed bidding to occur an hour after it was scheduled to have closed.

All of the affected auctions will be restarted. If you were the winner, credit will be issued for all auctions that have already been billed, and the domains will be removed from your account with the sponsoring registrar.

We will restart the auctions with a close date of October 30th (times will be listed on each auction). These will be added to your list of Auctions within the next 24 hours. All bids and proxy amounts will be carried over from the time the auction should have closed. You can then review the auctions and adjust your bid as necessary. All auctions will be restarted as “private” auctions and only the previous bidders may participate.

We apologize for this situation and assure you it has been corrected.

As this email address is not monitored, if you have any additional question, please submit a Support Center Ticket from within the HELP section of your NameJet Account.

Regards,
NameJet Technical Support
www.NameJet.com

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, I think this is the fairest way so long as they use this process to rectify any auction irregularities.

If they handled every irregularity on a case by case basis it would be a mess and I'm sure they would get sued.

If they just do a 100% restart (only allowing the same bidders) then I think it is fair.

Does it suck that your competition knows how high you'll bid? Yes but the auction did not end according to set rules so they have to do a 100% restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom