Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

NAMEJET = scum bags

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNBA

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i did a backorder on a domain and didnt realize that a "q" was not a "g". I requested to be removed from an auction because namejet likes to confuse its buyers with keeping an underline under the domain.

So i kindly asked to be removed and i got a response back. "im sure you can resell the domain" what kind of unprofessionalism is that? I explained that it was a mistake due to the underline but instead they gave me a BS response that i should of look when clicking on the domain.

but who does that when you are adding in bulk?

As an advocate buyer and have been spending a crap load of money the past year and i get a stupid response and no flexibility as an avid customer. :upset::upset::upset::upset:

Has anybody else ever had this issue?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ouch! But why didn't you click on the link first? And I agree, they can easily lose the underline; people are savvy enough to click on items on a menu even if they are not underlined.

DNBA

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
when you do bulk bidding do you need to click on every name? even if you werent the lead bidder? someone else that bidded before me retracted the bid and made me the next one on the list. sadly and obviously no one will buy it cause its a misspelled crappy .org. i Gave a few days notice before closing.

The professional thing to do is retract the bid cause 1. im an active buyer. 2. its an understandable mistake.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
all-drop

i sympatize with you, but for any name that looks like it has a g in it , i will click to be sure

particularly those that are 4 letters or less

maybe if they were all capitalized, then it would reduce mistakes

DNBA

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well if i was 4 letters i wouldnt mind so much.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ahhhh, you fell for the retracted bid scam :D
That's why you should not bid more than the $69 fee until the auction begins.

DNBA

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i just think they should either remove then underline, lower it or darken it to show a difference.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I agree - the name should be without an underline and a "bid" text or image link next to it.

DNBA

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i know its going to sound lame cause it's $69 but its the principal. it was $69

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They just bad people if that is their way of doing business.

They probably got a lot of complaints and they know by now the underline cause issues.

Cray and if they do not want to take your bid off they are stupit business not worth talking

DNBA

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well they re-opened the ticket let see if they make good. cause really id rather pay $10 compared to a useless $70 name

rentdn

T_T
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
same problem happened with me but in snapnames so I contacted support and they canceled my bid without any problems

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So i kindly asked to be removed and i got a response back. "im sure you can resell the domain" what kind of unprofessionalism is that?
Surprisingly unprofessional.

Sedo Namejet etc should list domains in both lowercase and uppercase like Afternic. Fewer mistakes.

T

tekz999

Even ebay has the option to retract bids. This is seriously a very troubling issue for the customer. But if the auction has ended, and you won, you are obligated to pay. But from what I think, did you immediately email namejet before the auction ends, and right after you place your bid?

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, they do not do the underlining, your browser does ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom