Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NameJet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eurorealtor

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have recently won couple of domains in the NJ auction, both registered at eNom, which is not my favorite registrar. One of the domain has been paid about 10 days ago and still no respond from enom. What is your experiences / waiting time for domains from NJ + enom? Another question is, do you avoid to bid for a domains provided by certain registrars? Thanks in advance.

T.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Was it a drop or a private sale? If it's the latter, it's dependent on the listing owner's ability to do their part in an expedient manner.

Drop NameJet support an email, they are excellent.

Eurorealtor

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Received the firs domain, but blocked to transfer until may 31st and will expire on may 20th, with $40 renewal (TLD) each. So I guess avoid to bid on domains provided by enom, unless steel deal.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That's very strange, although possible to happen. For the record, NJ has a base cost of under $8 for domain renewals at eNom.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sure thing. Again, it doesn't hurt to ask :) You can point out the facts, that the domain expires prior to its 42 (?) days of lock down and that the renewal price is well above the industry average.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Received the firs domain, but blocked to transfer until may 31st and will expire on may 20th, with $40 renewal (TLD) each. So I guess avoid to bid on domains provided by enom, unless steel deal.

that's because they created you an account at enomcentral, but you can get reseller account with reg fee as low as $9.00 from another reseller or directly thru enom

http://www.enom.com/resellers/benefits-pricingplans.aspx

i think member 'bari' also works for enom too

then you can push those names to cheaper account and renew

talk w/nj about merging your enom/nj accounts if you get one, then any names you win will go to that one.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Don, as far as I know, you can't push domains to other accounts while under the 6-week lockdown after a win at NJ. But good idea, Bari might be able to assist :D

Eurorealtor

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
then you can push those names to cheaper account and renew

Well, I can't even move the domain(s) between eNom accounts until may 31st and must be renewed by may 20th.
If I'll spend $40 / each for renewal, than I'll be close to mid $xxx for nnn.org.

Thanks Biggie

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don, as far as I know, you can't push domains to other accounts while under the 6-week lockdown after a win at NJ. But good idea, Bari might be able to assist :D

Theo, don't know anything about a 6 week lockdown that applies to pushing to another account.

is that dependant on what stage or auction the domain was sold in?

Well, I can't even move the domain(s) between eNom accounts until may 31st and must be renewed by may 20th.
If I'll spend $40 / each for renewal, than I'll be close to mid $xxx for nnn.org.

Thanks Biggie

not sure, but i think pricing at enomcentral.com and enom.com are different for new users

you could try and go directly to enom and create an account to see what pricing is, then see if you can push your name to that account if pricing is lower.

only thing with enom, is that you have to "fill" your account with funds, prior to using them and minimum by credit card or paypal is $100.00 minus 4% fee

if you send check or wire, no fee.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Correct, I'm referring to domains won at NameJet and registered with eNom. AFAIK, they stay put until 42 days (and nights) pass.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
OK, so it turns out that if the source account at eNom is a reseller, they can push out the domain to another account. That, however, defeats the purpose, as reseller accounts already have low rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom