Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

NamePopper.com???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found out where and who Nick was?

Alot of you newbies won't know what I'm talking about, but he was a big user here back in the day, and all of the sudden, he vanished. We all came to find out he wasn't who he says he was.

Anyways, let me know if any of you got more info on him?

And it looks like ReignDomain picked up his domain name.. :wink:

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
clemzonguy said:
He will make a surprise appearance at T.R.A.F.F.I.C. 2004
Do not miss this for the world!!! :evil:
You for real?

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess I missed it...I never go into the Gold Section anyways... :D

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shaggy said:
....I never go into the Gold Section anyways... :D

A lot of Platinum Members also post in Gold. You will also occasionally see some good names discussed in Gold.

Personally I never even look at where the post is, paying no attention to that at all. Instead I simply view today's posts, which covers all the forums.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still miss Nick. I don't think we'll ever know the real story, but I tend to believe that he passed away. With a bit of research, a few of us found what was apparently his mother's account at Afternic from around 2000 - 2001. Maybe that was fake too, but it was consistent with his story, and it seems like a lot of effort to go to that far back.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beachie said:
I still miss Nick. I don't think we'll ever know the real story, but I tend to believe that he passed away. With a bit of research, a few of us found what was apparently his mother's account at Afternic from around 2000 - 2001. Maybe that was fake too, but it was consistent with his story, and it seems like a lot of effort to go to that far back.

I told him not to make light of HumanFetus.com. :undecided

Shaggy said:
And it looks like ReignDomain picked up his domain name..

Actually it's funny that this domain actually points to REIGNDOMAIN.COM

http://www.reigndomain.com/fetus.htm
Giving me a 404 error but yet it's still forwarding to that address!

MIND YOU THAT IT HASN'T DROPPED!!

Administrative Contact:
RD
R D ([email protected])
+1.9733782325
Fax: +1.9733785443
P O Box 618
n/a
South Orange, NJ 07079
US

There is a REIGNDOMAIN who is a member of this forum. Any connection?

Registrant:
Leonid Kogan
P O Box 618
South Orange, New Jersey
US, 07079

Which drop service was this domain obtained under? If this person had prior knowledge and was indeed the same person it stands to reason they would have known to put a snap or might have been willing to bid on the name to keep this secret hidden. DomainTheNet.com is where Namepopper.com is registered.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Leo (aka Reign) caught namepopper.com when it expired..

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still lean toward my old post which said:

Always said Mr. Nick Master was not his real name. I think someone once asked him about his occupation and he said 'webmaster' aka 'nickmaster' i.e. InterNic, etc., and the name stuck to him as his nondeplume.

My personal theory (I could of wrong of course) is that Namepopper is not dead but simply got badly burned-out after working so hard for so long as a Mod, also perhaps realized most all his domains were not good (except for the 2 good ones he sold gif.org and flowers.org), was likely also disturbed about the sale of dnf to dcg (and not being offered a piece of the pie after all that time and work - perhaps), and simply left the business. That has happened to many well known domainers....

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is very strange that he left when the forum changed hands....very strange indeed. Whats even more strange is that he didn't go to any other forum either....very strange.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RMF said:
It is very strange that he left when the forum changed hands....very strange indeed. Whats even more strange is that he didn't go to any other forum either....very strange.

So does anyone see any correlation with the forwarded domain above and the fact the same person agressively acquired namepopper.com? ReignDomains would have had to illegally enter his ENOM account to redirect it to his website. But, It's a 404 link which means that this person and him have some prior connection or else he wouldn't have been forwarding it to someone else's site.

Out with it man!

ReignDomain

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
clemzonguy said:
So does anyone see any correlation with the forwarded domain above and the fact the same person agressively acquired namepopper.com? ReignDomains would have had to illegally enter his ENOM account to redirect it to his website. But, It's a 404 link which means that this person and him have some prior connection or else he wouldn't have been forwarding it to someone else's site.

Out with it man!

Let me get this straight: are you accusing me of illegally entering someone's enom account?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Be careful clemzon, your speculation may be read as accusation when you call out a member.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clemzonguy said:

Out with it man!
The answer is very simple - HumanFetus is using eNom's redirection nameservers, and Nick had it forwarding to NamePopper.com. So, when Leo caught NamePopper.com....

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ReignDomain said:
Let me get this straight: are you accusing me of illegally entering someone's enom account?

I said that names at enom do not simply get directed at websites without someone setting them that way. I sent you a PM (copied at the bottom) with the following so stop trying to blow this out of proportion and answer the questions. There are now two facts which tie you to this namepopper issue not just one which puts up some red flags for me.

Please give a public responce on the two issues at hand

1) Why you obtained Namepopper.com?
2) Why his old site HumanFetus.com which I tried to buy from him is redirected at your website (although non-existent).

DISCUSSION THREAD
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?p=429335

At minimum you must have some information to contribute about these connections.

Thanks.
Aaron

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clemzonguy said:
I said that names at enom do not simply get directed at websites without someone setting them that way. I sent you a PM (copied at the bottom) with the following so stop trying to blow this out of proportion and answer the questions. There are now two facts which tie you to this namepopper issue not just one which puts up some red flags for me.

Please give a public responce on the two issues at hand

1) Why you obtained Namepopper.com?
2) Why his old site HumanFetus.com which I tried to buy from him is redirected at your website (although non-existent).

DISCUSSION THREAD
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?p=429335

At minimum you must have some information to contribute about these connections.

Thanks.
Aaron
Aaron,

Please read my post above - it really is very simple. The HumanFetus.com domain was already redirected to NamePopper.com. Leo simply caught NamePopper.com, and all the redirections remain in place..

All of us tried to catch Nick's domains as they expired because, at the time, we believed Nick could be in hospital unable to tend his business. Leo used the domain as a 'leave a message for Nick' site for quite a while..

For the record, a group of us, including Duke, Leo, Bob and myself tried to find Nick. Leo is most definately NOT Nick, nor has he logged in to Nick's eNom account.

Cheers,
Chris.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namepopper obviously doesn't want to be found for some reason or another. He covered his tracks well. Maybe we should just leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom