Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Names misclassified as "adult"

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some of the names that I park at Sedo are wrongly categorized as "adult", which means all the ads are for sex-related products & services. I then have to appeal manually for them to be recategorized.

Here are a few examples of "adult" domains in my Sedo portfolio:

CoolestGirl dot-com
ImpressHim dot-com
Mommy dot-cc (!)

Clearly, Sedo needs to improve its algorithms.

Is this a hassle for any of you guys too?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
There is nothing you can do about it. Sedo claims it's Google's fault. I moved the offending domains to Parked and have had no problems since.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Randomo,

Occasionally domains will be misclassified as adult. If you send a quick note via our online support center, we can have this corrected: http://support.sedo.com

I have placed a request for the domains you mentioned to be reclassified.

Best,

Tom

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tom - Thanks for your help with this. I do know about sending a quick note ... just wish it weren't necessary. (I haven't encountered this type of problem at other parking sites.)

Regards,
Dave

NigelUK

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi

New to this forum but have been dealing with Sedo for many years usually without any problems. But this happened to our company. We discovered that a number of our domains had been classified as adult and were displaying explicit ads even though they were nothing to do with adult subjects. We removed the domains from Sedo and suggested to Sedo that in future they send an automatic email alerting domain owners whenever a domain in their portfolio is re-classified as 'adult' and is showing an adult feed. At least that gives us a chance to remove it quick from Sedo. That suggestion has not been implemented and we regularly have to check in the domain optimization section under 'adult domains' to ensure that none of our domains have been re-classified as adult.

Let's hope that Sedo introduce an automatic email alert for this very soon. It's not right that domain owners are having explicit ads being shown on some of their domains without their knowledge or approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom